Review: could Xanax cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 787 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,062 Xanax users)
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 27,674 Neuropathy peripheral patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 787 people (1.43%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Xanax when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||8.70%||21.74%||0.00%||21.74%||43.48%||4.35%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Xanax * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||72.55%||27.45% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Xanax * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||0.56%||2.96%||9.30%||28.59%||31.27%||27.32% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (119 people, 15.12%)
- Anxiety (119 people, 15.12%)
- Pain (111 people, 14.10%)
- Multiple myeloma (103 people, 13.09%)
- Bipolar disorder (74 people, 9.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (325 people, 41.30%)
- Aspirin (257 people, 32.66%)
- Neurontin (256 people, 32.53%)
- Lasix (240 people, 30.50%)
- Aredia (234 people, 29.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and neuropathy peripheral on
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Nuvigil, Alprazolam for a 54-year old woman with Pain - Back, Apnea - Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Nitrofurantoin for a 43-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.