Xanax and Paranoia - from FDA reports
Paranoia is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Paranoia with Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84,702 people who have side effects when taking Xanax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
84,702 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax.
Among them, 449 people (0.53%) have Paranoia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xanax when people have Paranoia *:
- < 1 month: 21.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.12 %
- 2 - 5 years: 24.24 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.03 %
- 10+ years: 24.24 %
Gender of people who have Paranoia when taking Xanax *:
- female: 63.41 %
- male: 36.59 %
Age of people who have Paranoia when taking Xanax *:
- 0-1: 0.3 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.61 %
- 20-29: 8.54 %
- 30-39: 25.3 %
- 40-49: 23.78 %
- 50-59: 25.91 %
- 60+: 15.55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (47 people, 10.47%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (21 people, 4.68%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (17 people, 3.79%)
- Hepatitis C (16 people, 3.56%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (15 people, 3.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Oxycontin (78 people, 17.37%)
- Zoloft (72 people, 16.04%)
- Seroquel (60 people, 13.36%)
- Lexapro (57 people, 12.69%)
- Ambien (55 people, 12.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (93 people, 20.71%)
- Weight Decreased (91 people, 20.27%)
- Nausea (90 people, 20.04%)
- Memory Loss (86 people, 19.15%)
- Suicidal Ideation (85 people, 18.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Paranoia when taking Xanax?
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Xanax 89,748 users)
Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur) has been reported by people with pain, depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 14,989 Paranoia patients).