Review: could Xanax cause Personality disorder?
Summary: Personality disorder is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Personality disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Personality disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Personality disorder >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,069 Xanax users)
Personality disorder has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 2,740 Personality disorder patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 71 people (0.13%) have Personality Disorder.
Time on Xanax when people have Personality disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Personality disorder||84.21%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||0.00%||10.53% |
Gender of people who have Personality disorder when taking Xanax * :
|Personality disorder||69.47%||30.53% |
Age of people who have Personality disorder when taking Xanax * :
|Personality disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.41%||16.47%||49.41%||15.29%||9.41% |
Severity of Personality disorder when taking Xanax ** :
How people recovered from Personality disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (36 people, 50.70%)
- Sleep disorder (34 people, 47.89%)
- Pain (15 people, 21.13%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (11 people, 15.49%)
- Depression (10 people, 14.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (29 people, 40.85%)
- Thyroid (24 people, 33.80%)
- Progesterone (24 people, 33.80%)
- Oxycontin (20 people, 28.17%)
- Paxil (19 people, 26.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Personality Disorder while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Personality Disorder
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Personality Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Nuvigil, Alprazolam for a 54-year old woman with Pain - Back, Apnea - Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 38-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Xanax, Estazolam, Adderall Xr 20 for a 67-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Sleep Disorder, Adhd.
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.