Home > Xanax > Pruritus > Xanax and Pruritus
Review: could Xanax cause Pruritus (Itching)?
We study 54,980 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,252 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Xanax and have Pruritus >>>
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,930 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 546,002 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 54,980 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 1,264 people (2.30%) have Pruritus.
Time on Xanax when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Xanax * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Xanax * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (212 people, 16.77%)
- Hypertension (135 people, 10.68%)
- Pain (133 people, 10.52%)
- Depression (115 people, 9.10%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (70 people, 5.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (197 people, 15.59%)
- Nexium (136 people, 10.76%)
- Lasix (123 people, 9.73%)
- Synthroid (122 people, 9.65%)
- Prilosec (120 people, 9.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus while taking Xanax?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Pruritus
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Pruritus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
Severe itching of ankles. So severe I have rubbed my skin off 1/2"x3" area in my sleep. It is much worse if I get a mosquito bite. I live in Fort Worth, TX AND West Nile Virus very bad here. Don't know if it is related.
From this study (5 years ago):
Severe itching on arms, legs and torso.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Xanax, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
More reviews for: Xanax, Pruritus
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Xanax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Xanax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Weight Gain
- Adderall 10
- Angioimmunoblastic T Cell Lymphoma Recurrent
- Metastases To Diaphragm