Review: could Xanax cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
Summary: Suicidal thoughts is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zoloft, and have Depression.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,672 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,069 Xanax users)
Suicidal thoughts has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne. (latest reports from 42,715 Suicidal thoughts patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 1,672 people (3.03%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Xanax when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||25.40%||11.11%||3.97%||5.56%||31.75%||12.70%||9.52% |
Gender of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Xanax * :
|Suicidal thoughts||62.20%||37.80% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Xanax * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.07%||0.07%||2.19%||11.35%||17.05%||29.13%||28.00%||12.14% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||71.43%||14.29%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (551 people, 32.95%)
- Anxiety (510 people, 30.50%)
- Pain (258 people, 15.43%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (182 people, 10.89%)
- Bipolar disorder (165 people, 9.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (390 people, 23.33%)
- Seroquel (327 people, 19.56%)
- Ambien (297 people, 17.76%)
- Paxil (292 people, 17.46%)
- Effexor (276 people, 16.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and suicidal thoughts on
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Nuvigil, Alprazolam for a 54-year old woman with Pain - Back, Apnea - Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 38-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.