Review: could Xarelto cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Xarelto, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 4,625 people who have side effects while taking Xarelto from FDA and social media. Among them, 107 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xarelto and have Death >>>
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 4,766 Xarelto users)
Death has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 183,874 Death patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 4,619 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto. Among them, 107 people (2.32%) have Death.
Time on Xarelto when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Xarelto * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Xarelto * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (54 people, 50.47%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (33 people, 30.84%)
- Ill-defined disorder (14 people, 13.08%)
- Knee arthroplasty (14 people, 13.08%)
- Dyspepsia (12 people, 11.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (15 people, 14.02%)
- Plavix (14 people, 13.08%)
- Tekturna (12 people, 11.21%)
- Regular insulin (12 people, 11.21%)
- Magnesium hydroxide tab (12 people, 11.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xarelto and death on
Do you have Death while taking Xarelto?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xarelto and have Death
- support group for people who take Xarelto
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 89-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 64-year old woman with Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Augmentin, Sertraline, Gabapentin for a 30-year old man with Pharyngitis, Pharyngitis Bacterial, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Sudden Death
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 65-year old man with DVT. The patient has Cluttering
Recent Xarelto related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.