Review: could Xarelto cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Xarelto, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 4,581 people who have side effects while taking Xarelto from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xarelto and have Diarrhea >>>
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Xarelto 4,720 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Diarrhea 137,983 patients)
On Dec, 20, 2014: 4,581 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto. Among them, 67 people (1.46%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Xarelto when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xarelto * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xarelto * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Xarelto ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (28 people, 41.79%)
- Pain (10 people, 14.93%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 13.43%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (8 people, 11.94%)
- Knee arthroplasty (6 people, 8.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (17 people, 25.37%)
- Neurontin (14 people, 20.90%)
- Pantoprazole (11 people, 16.42%)
- Furosemide (10 people, 14.93%)
- Halcion (9 people, 13.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Xarelto?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xarelto and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Xarelto
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Just prescribed xarelto am getting shots for wet macular degeneration should i?
I have had 3 injections to my eye for wet macular degeneration. 2 weeks ago I developed blood clots in my superficial veins. I was put on Xarelto 5 days ago.
Should I not be taking xarelto?
- Are xarelto and eylea compatible
I get eyelea injections in my eye for wet macular degeneration. Now I have blood clots in my leg and I am prescribed xarelto. Are these two drugs compatible?
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months (1 answer)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasionally eat onions but have since cut them out. I used to eat a lot more and never had this problem.
My internet searches have found nothing.
- Has anyone taking xeralto experienced any or all of the following: hypertension (normal than high blood pressure), dizziness, light-headed, weak/fatigues, larger or more prominent veins? (2 answers)
After taking Xeralto I am having the following symptoms: Shortness of breath, weakness/fatigue, light-headed feeling, dizziness, more prominent looking veins (larger and bluer), higher than normal blood pressure readings (hypertension), and slight headaches. I am attempting to get off the medication but the doctor is not co-operatiing.
More questions for: Xarelto, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema after takin xarelto
After the second day of taking Xarelto for a pulmonary embolism, I noticed a red itchy patch on my neck. My doctor identified it as eczema. I've never had it before in my life.
- Mouth sores from possibly taking xalerto
After my Hip Replacement in 2013 I got a really sore mouth, my husband looked inside to see if he could see anything and it was full of little white blisters even on my tonsils. Went to the dr and was told it was Mouth Sores/fungal infection possibly from this medicine. I couldn't eat anything but was thirsty all the time. I lost 15 lbs in a little over 2 weeks due to not being able to eat. Dr gave me Swish and Spit and they healed up within a few days.
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems like my hair is thinning. My skin is drying out or becoming considerably less elastic.
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to stomach alcohol and had to quit....or had other reactions to gemfibrozil and alcohol use. My depression is becoming severe. I have life changes as well, so I can't figure if it is the drug. Had to take it as my triglycerides were over 900. They are now down to 250. Thanks
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Xarelto, Diarrhea
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- I switched from warfarin (which I have been on for several years without apparent side effects) to Xarelto a couple of months ago. During two instances of sex in the past month, blood has been observed in the semen on both occasions, a little more the second time. This has never happened before.
- Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
More related studies for: Xarelto, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.