Review: could Xarelto cause Flatulence?
Summary: Flatulence is found among people who take Xarelto, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prilosec, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 4,581 people who have side effects while taking Xarelto from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Flatulence. Find out below who they are, when they have Flatulence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xarelto and have Flatulence >>>
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Xarelto 4,720 users)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression.(latest reports from Flatulence 21,565 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 4,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto. Among them, 7 people (0.15%) have Flatulence.
Time on Xarelto when people have Flatulence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Flatulence when taking Xarelto * :
Age of people who have Flatulence when taking Xarelto * :
Severity of Flatulence when taking Xarelto ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flatulence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (7 people, 100.00%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (7 people, 100.00%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (7 people, 100.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (7 people, 100.00%)
- Angina pectoris (7 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (7 people, 100.00%)
- Pradaxa (7 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 100.00%)
- Nitroglycerin (7 people, 100.00%)
- Allopurinol (7 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flatulence while taking Xarelto?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xarelto and have Flatulence
- support group for people who take Xarelto
- support group for people who have Flatulence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Just prescribed xarelto am getting shots for wet macular degeneration should i?
I have had 3 injections to my eye for wet macular degeneration. 2 weeks ago I developed blood clots in my superficial veins. I was put on Xarelto 5 days ago.
Should I not be taking xarelto?
- Are xarelto and eylea compatible
I get eyelea injections in my eye for wet macular degeneration. Now I have blood clots in my leg and I am prescribed xarelto. Are these two drugs compatible?
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months (1 answer)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasionally eat onions but have since cut them out. I used to eat a lot more and never had this problem.
My internet searches have found nothing.
- Has anyone taking xeralto experienced any or all of the following: hypertension (normal than high blood pressure), dizziness, light-headed, weak/fatigues, larger or more prominent veins? (2 answers)
After taking Xeralto I am having the following symptoms: Shortness of breath, weakness/fatigue, light-headed feeling, dizziness, more prominent looking veins (larger and bluer), higher than normal blood pressure readings (hypertension), and slight headaches. I am attempting to get off the medication but the doctor is not co-operatiing.
More questions for: Xarelto, Flatulence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema after takin xarelto
After the second day of taking Xarelto for a pulmonary embolism, I noticed a red itchy patch on my neck. My doctor identified it as eczema. I've never had it before in my life.
- Mouth sores from possibly taking xalerto
After my Hip Replacement in 2013 I got a really sore mouth, my husband looked inside to see if he could see anything and it was full of little white blisters even on my tonsils. Went to the dr and was told it was Mouth Sores/fungal infection possibly from this medicine. I couldn't eat anything but was thirsty all the time. I lost 15 lbs in a little over 2 weeks due to not being able to eat. Dr gave me Swish and Spit and they healed up within a few days.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Xarelto, Flatulence
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- I switched from warfarin (which I have been on for several years without apparent side effects) to Xarelto a couple of months ago. During two instances of sex in the past month, blood has been observed in the semen on both occasions, a little more the second time. This has never happened before.
- I have been on this drug for approx 3 months and will be on it for the foreseeable future until they work out what is wrong with my neck/back. I am suffering the most horrendous flatulence from morning til night (and through the night aswell.....wake myself up farting really loud!!) This is so emb ...
- detatched retina 15 yrs ago
had cataract in same eye.
got new prisims which greatly improved double vision
1 month after taking zarelto until now ,vision has deteriated
- Just need to share my experience. I had foot surgery in 6/14, next week developed clot in calf. I was put on Xarelto and began having headaches constantly, some minor some severe but always there. I was not the type to have headaches so I constantly told every doctor I saw the next three months abou ...
More related studies for: Xarelto, Flatulence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.