Home > Xarelto > Gout > Xarelto and Gout
Review: could Xarelto cause Gout?
We study 4,555 people who have side effects while taking Xarelto from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Xarelto and have Gout >>>
Xarelto (latest outcomes from 4,675 users) has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) (latest reports from 57,652 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain, diabetes.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 4,538 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto. Among them, 4 people (0.09%) have Gout.
Time on Xarelto when people have Gout * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Xarelto * :
Age of people who have Gout when taking Xarelto * :
Severity of Gout when taking Xarelto ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gout ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Deep vein thrombosis (2 people, 50.00%)
- Asthma (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hip arthroplasty (1 people, 25.00%)
- Dvt (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood thinner (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Foster (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout while taking Xarelto?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xarelto and have Gout
- support group for people who take Xarelto
- support group for people who have Gout
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
Just need to share my experience. I had foot surgery in 6/14, next week developed clot in calf. I was put on Xarelto and began having headaches constantly, some minor some severe but always there. I was not the type to have headaches so I constantly told every doctor I saw the next three months about them. A couple incidents occurred in 9/14 where I went to ER. I was given routine neuro tests and told everything appeared ok. Finally it was time to go back to work but I was still having headaches, I had to demand to see a Dr. for followup prior to my return to work. This Dr. scheduled me for a CT scan the following day and they found a brain tumor which was removed on 10/6. Don't know if Xarelto was the cause or the by product but hopefully this post may prevent some family some hardache. "Blessed by the Best".
From this study (5 days ago):
noticing improvement in symptoms since stopping xarelto and going back on warfarin
From this study (6 days ago):
It seems that I have a problem with excessive sweating and I'm trying to determine if Xarelto is the cause.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
- Has anyone taking xeralto experienced any or all of the following: hypertension (normal than high blood pressure), dizziness, light-headed, weak/fatigues, larger or more prominent veins?
After taking Xeralto I am having the following symptoms: Shortness of breath, weakness/fatigue, light-headed feeling, dizziness, more prominent looking veins (larger and bluer), higher than normal blood pressure readings (hypertension), and slight headaches. I am attempting to get off the medication ...
More questions for: Xarelto, Gout
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mouth sores from possibly taking xalerto
After my Hip Replacement in 2013 I got a really sore mouth, my husband looked inside to see if he could see anything and it was full of little white blisters even on my tonsils. Went to the dr and was told it was Mouth Sores/fungal infection possibly from this medicine. I couldn't eat anything but w ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Xarelto, Gout
On eHealthMe, Xarelto (rivaroxaban) is often used for atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions Xarelto is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Xarelto used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (52 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)
- Cerebral Atrophy