Home > Xarelto > Nose bleeds > Xarelto and Nose bleeds
Review: could Xarelto cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Xarelto, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 4,573 people who have side effects while taking Xarelto from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xarelto and have Nose bleeds >>>
Xarelto (latest outcomes from 4,712 users) has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) (latest reports from 143,708 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 4,555 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto. Among them, 81 people (1.78%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Xarelto when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||72.09%||27.91%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Xarelto * :
|Nose bleeds||56.52%||43.48% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Xarelto * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.05%||5.26%||93.68% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Xarelto ** :
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (60 people, 74.07%)
- Cerebrovascular accident prophylaxis (28 people, 34.57%)
- Blood cholesterol (23 people, 28.40%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 23.46%)
- Cardiac disorder (18 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (39 people, 48.15%)
- Digoxin (18 people, 22.22%)
- Xanax (18 people, 22.22%)
- Lasix (17 people, 20.99%)
- Symbicort (16 people, 19.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Xarelto?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xarelto and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Xarelto
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has High Cholesterol And Blood Clots, and takes Pravastatin, Xarelto)
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, and takes Finasteride, Crestor, Bystolic, Xarelto)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
- Has anyone taking xeralto experienced any or all of the following: hypertension (normal than high blood pressure), dizziness, light-headed, weak/fatigues, larger or more prominent veins?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Had An Episode Of AFIB About A Month Ago And Given Xeralto For Possible Clotting. , and takes Xarelto)
After taking Xeralto I am having the following symptoms: Shortness of breath, weakness/fatigue, light-headed feeling, dizziness, more prominent looking veins (larger and bluer), higher than normal blood pressure readings (hypertension), and slight headaches. I am attempting to get off the medication ...
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Will xarelto have an adverse effect on my laser retinal procedure
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who takes Xarelto)
Supposed to have a laser retinal detachment procedure (laser)and have been prescribed xarelto for DVT. Should I stop using xarelto?
More questions for: Xarelto, Nose bleeds
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema after takin xarelto
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Xarelto)
After the second day of taking Xarelto for a pulmonary embolism, I noticed a red itchy patch on my neck. My doctor identified it as eczema. I've never had it before in my life.
- Mouth sores from possibly taking xalerto
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Mouth Sores From Possibly Taking Xarelto, and takes Xarelto)
After my Hip Replacement in 2013 I got a really sore mouth, my husband looked inside to see if he could see anything and it was full of little white blisters even on my tonsils. Went to the dr and was told it was Mouth Sores/fungal infection possibly from this medicine. I couldn't eat anything but w ...
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
- Pulmonery hypertension
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Breathlessness, and takes Xarelto, Furosemide, Spironolactone, Tracleer, Viagra)
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Xarelto, Nose bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a patient with DVT. The patient has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Comments: Have been on xarelto for 7 months. After 3rd month noticed changes in my body. Increased lower back pain. Loss of muscle in my body, legs back arms. Weakness in my legs and arms
- A study of drug interactions between Simcor, Xarelto for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Gallbladder Disorder, Dvt
Comments: Started Gall Bladder Dysfunction and pain in stomach after taking Xarelto for # monts
- A study of side effects of Carbidopa And Levodopa for a patient with Parkinsonian Gait. The patient has Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Had HHT with higher frequency of nose bleeds with age. After being diagnosed with Parkinson about 5 years ago taking carbidopa levodopa 3 times a day, nose bleeds decreased significantly
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a patient with DVT. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: Bone pain
More related studies for: Xarelto, Nose bleeds
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.