Review: could Xarelto cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Xarelto, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Knee joint replacement.
We study 4,625 people who have side effects while taking Xarelto from FDA and social media. Among them, 64 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xarelto and have Stomach upset >>>
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 4,766 Xarelto users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,502 Stomach upset patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 4,625 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto. Among them, 64 people (1.38%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Xarelto when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||70.45%||9.09%||0.00%||20.45%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Xarelto * :
|Stomach upset||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Xarelto * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.29%||0.00%||1.43%||10.00%||84.29% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Xarelto ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Knee arthroplasty (14 people, 21.88%)
- Pain (13 people, 20.31%)
- Atrial fibrillation (13 people, 20.31%)
- Ill-defined disorder (8 people, 12.50%)
- Hip arthroplasty (8 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (15 people, 23.44%)
- Pantoprazole (14 people, 21.88%)
- Plavix (10 people, 15.62%)
- Neurontin (9 people, 14.06%)
- Nebivolol hcl (9 people, 14.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xarelto and stomach upset on
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Xarelto?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xarelto and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Xarelto
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 49-year old man with Peripheral Vascular Disease. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Blood In Stool
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
Recent Xarelto related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.