Xeloda and Alopecia - from FDA reports
Alopecia is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Alopecia with Xeloda. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,732 people who have side effects when taking Xeloda from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
28,732 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda.
Among them, 345 people (1.2%) have Alopecia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeloda when people have Alopecia *:
- < 1 month: 36.36 %
- 1 - 6 months: 29.87 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.99 %
- 1 - 2 years: 19.48 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.3 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Xeloda *:
- female: 88.31 %
- male: 11.69 %
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Xeloda *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.73 %
- 20-29: 0.73 %
- 30-39: 7.33 %
- 40-49: 21.61 %
- 50-59: 35.53 %
- 60+: 34.07 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (68 people, 19.71%)
- Pain (25 people, 7.25%)
- Depression (23 people, 6.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (20 people, 5.80%)
- High Blood Pressure (16 people, 4.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (162 people, 46.96%)
- Taxotere (132 people, 38.26%)
- Aredia (132 people, 38.26%)
- Avastin (89 people, 25.80%)
- Faslodex (76 people, 22.03%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (145 people, 42.03%)
- Pain (142 people, 41.16%)
- Diarrhea (140 people, 40.58%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (122 people, 35.36%)
- Stress And Anxiety (120 people, 34.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia when taking Xeloda?
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Xeloda 28,773 users)
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 88,081 Alopecia patients).