Review: could Xeloda cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 18,060 people who have side effects while taking Xeloda from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xeloda and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in colon cancer. (latest outcomes from Xeloda 18,174 users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Diabetes mellitus 137,876 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 18,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda. Among them, 65 people (0.36%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Xeloda when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||44.44%||44.44%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Xeloda * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.90%||43.10%||13.79%||36.21% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Xeloda ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (11 people, 16.92%)
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 16.92%)
- Bone neoplasm malignant (10 people, 15.38%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (10 people, 15.38%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 12.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (34 people, 52.31%)
- Peridex (23 people, 35.38%)
- Dexamethasone (21 people, 32.31%)
- Taxotere (20 people, 30.77%)
- Avastin (19 people, 29.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Xeloda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xeloda and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Xeloda
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Xeloda, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wasted and weak so fell several times. Had to regain strength and learn to walk again with physical therapy. Left with foggy thinking, fatigue, muscle myopathy and peripheral neuropathy. Also developed osteopenia. Afterwards was placed on hydrocortisone and Lyrica for pain. Later found liver damage.
More reviews for: Xeloda, Diabetes mellitus
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- Have been on Xeloda 5days. 2000mg bid and past few days intermittent chest and arm pain. I had check up at hospital, including a stress test which was all normal. Pain fells like muscle tightness and comes on after exertion.
- i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- Swelling develops quickly and is usually accompanied by itching and occasional rash. Swelling begins to dissipate after 4-5 hours. It is totally random - two weeks without any swelling, then 3-4 days with itching and swelling at different sites.
More related studies for: Xeloda, Diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.