Review: could Xeloda cause Interstitial lung disease?
Summary: Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Tykerb, and have Breast cancer.
We study 18,060 people who have side effects while taking Xeloda from FDA and social media. Among them, 186 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Interstitial lung disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xeloda and have Interstitial lung disease >>>
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in colon cancer. (latest outcomes from Xeloda 18,174 users)
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer.(latest reports from Interstitial lung disease 20,635 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 18,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda. Among them, 186 people (1.03%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Time on Xeloda when people have Interstitial lung disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Interstitial lung disease||37.27%||41.82%||16.36%||2.73%||1.82%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Xeloda * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70%||1.06%||7.94%||28.04%||59.26% |
Severity of Interstitial lung disease when taking Xeloda ** :
How people recovered from Interstitial lung disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (73 people, 39.25%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (37 people, 19.89%)
- Hypertension (22 people, 11.83%)
- Rectal cancer metastatic (19 people, 10.22%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tykerb (58 people, 31.18%)
- Herceptin (45 people, 24.19%)
- Oxaliplatin (45 people, 24.19%)
- Zometa (40 people, 21.51%)
- Oxycontin (36 people, 19.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Interstitial Lung Disease while taking Xeloda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xeloda and have Interstitial Lung Disease
- support group for people who take Xeloda
- support group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Breathing Difficulty, and takes Xeloda)
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- My father take xeloda and have muscle pain which drug he can take ?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Pain, and takes Xeloda )
My father have secum adenocarcinoma and remove them with surgery now he take xeloda 500 2pill morning and 2 pill night but he had muscle pain.
- How long before hair loss after starting on xeloda (1 answer)
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Colon Cancer Stage Ii, and takes Xeloda)
first time using this drug,was concerned about hair loss. Approximate time you should expect possible hair loss
- Finding more tumore after 4 cycles of xeloda
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who takes Xeloda)
On 20/2/2013 my wife is a 42 years old with the diagnosis of locally advanced left breast cancer (T4b) & clinically positive left supraclavicular & axillary lymph nodes (N3) " invasive ductal carcinoma " . Immunophenotyping was +ve for ER & PR (4/8) , -ve for HER2 (1) with ki-67 =4% .
She started ...
- Is there a remedy for uti caused by side effect to xeloda
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Xeloda)
My GP thinks that my symptoms of UTI may be as a result of taking Xeloda. Is there a remedy to cure it other than antibiotics
More questions for: Xeloda, Interstitial lung disease
More reviews for: Xeloda, Interstitial lung disease
- A study of side effects of Xeloda for a patient with Colon Cancer Stage Iii. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: Have been on Xeloda 5days. 2000mg bid and past few days intermittent chest and arm pain. I had check up at hospital, including a stress test which was all normal. Pain fells like muscle tightness and comes on after exertion.
- A study of drug interactions between XELODA, ANDROGEL, Warfarin Sodium, Tamsulosin, LANTUS, METFORMIN, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a patient with Colon Cancer, Testosterone, Pulmonary Embolism, Biopsy Prostate, Diabetes, Chloesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Gums - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Glands - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Swollen Tongue
Comments: Swelling develops quickly and is usually accompanied by itching and occasional rash. Swelling begins to dissipate after 4-5 hours. It is totally random - two weeks without any swelling, then 3-4 days with itching and swelling at different sites.
- A study of side effects of Xeloda for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has
Comments: sinse itook tykurb istart to have pinple on my breast it was cancer as the docter say so istarted taking xeloda the pinpel start to discharge like water and blood after 6 month taking the drug more pinple and pus come from it now istop taking the drug for 1month it did not stop i dont see any chang ...
- A study of side effects of Xeloda for a patient with Cancer. The patient has
Comments: Xeloda is causing a difficulty in walking and back pain as well as feet syndrom. As for the walking difficulty is there any solution or medication that can help the patient walk and be back to normal?
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with Hyperlipidaemia. The patient has Interstitial Lung Disease, Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: Recovering slowly from ILD one year after stopping Simvastatin and starting a blood pressure medication Losartan (unrelated reasons for this med change) (Which has some research based positive outcomes in various fibrotic diseases).
The drug is not on your drop down list and the choice I was forc ...
More related studies for: Xeloda, Interstitial lung disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.