Xeloda and Large intestine perforation - from FDA reports
Large intestine perforation is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Avastin, and have Rectal cancer. This review analyzes which people have Large intestine perforation with Xeloda. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,913 people who have side effects when taking Xeloda from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 28, 2017
27,913 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda.
Among them, 72 people (0.26%) have Large Intestine Perforation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeloda when people have Large Intestine Perforation *:
- < 1 month: 64.44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.44 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Large Intestine Perforation when taking Xeloda *:
- female: 33.82 %
- male: 66.18 %
Age of people who have Large Intestine Perforation when taking Xeloda *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.56 %
- 40-49: 14.06 %
- 50-59: 34.38 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rectal Cancer (20 people, 27.78%)
- Colon Cancer (12 people, 16.67%)
- Colon Cancer Metastatic (7 people, 9.72%)
- Rectal Cancer Metastatic (6 people, 8.33%)
- Breast Cancer (5 people, 6.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Avastin (35 people, 48.61%)
- Oxaliplatin (16 people, 22.22%)
- Zocor (5 people, 6.94%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 5.56%)
- Compazine (4 people, 5.56%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Peritonitis (12 people, 16.67%)
- Diarrhea (9 people, 12.50%)
- Intestinal Ischaemia (7 people, 9.72%)
- Rectal Perforation (6 people, 8.33%)
- Sepsis (5 people, 6.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Large intestine perforation when taking Xeloda?
- Check symptoms - is large intestine perforation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Xeloda 28,767 users)
Large Intestine Perforation
Large intestine perforation (hole in large intestine) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 4,316 Large intestine perforation patients).
Browse all side effects of Xelodaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Large intestine perforationLarge intestine perforation
Could your condition cause Large intestine perforationLarge intestine perforation
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hi My father 72 years old has been taking Xeloda for the past 3 weeks and we have suddenly seen that his mental condition has degenerated. He is showing dementia like symptoms. Has anybody seen or experienced something similar. Do the symptoms go away if we stop the medication