Home > Xeloda > Large intestine perforation > Xeloda and Large intestine perforation
Review: could Xeloda cause Large intestine perforation?
Summary: Large intestine perforation is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Avastin, and have Rectal cancer.
We study 18,060 people who have side effects while taking Xeloda from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Large intestine perforation. Find out below who they are, when they have Large intestine perforation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xeloda and have Large intestine perforation >>>
Xeloda (latest outcomes from 18,174 users) has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in colon cancer.
Large intestine perforation
Large intestine perforation (hole in large intestine) (latest reports from 14,189 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hyperphosphataemia.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 18,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda. Among them, 54 people (0.30%) have Large Intestine Perforation.
Time on Xeloda when people have Large intestine perforation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Large intestine perforation||60.00%||37.14%||2.86%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Large intestine perforation when taking Xeloda * :
|Large intestine perforation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||38.46%||38.46% |
Severity of Large intestine perforation when taking Xeloda ** :
How people recovered from Large intestine perforation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rectal cancer (16 people, 29.63%)
- Neoplasm malignant (5 people, 9.26%)
- Rectal cancer metastatic (4 people, 7.41%)
- Nausea (4 people, 7.41%)
- Colon cancer metastatic (4 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avastin (26 people, 48.15%)
- Oxaliplatin (16 people, 29.63%)
- Elplat (8 people, 14.81%)
- Loxonin (6 people, 11.11%)
- Zocor (6 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Large Intestine Perforation while taking Xeloda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xeloda and have Large Intestine Perforation
- support group for people who take Xeloda
- support group for people who have Large Intestine Perforation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Breathing Difficulty, and takes Xeloda)
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- My father take xeloda and have muscle pain which drug he can take ?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Pain, and takes Xeloda )
My father have secum adenocarcinoma and remove them with surgery now he take xeloda 500 2pill morning and 2 pill night but he had muscle pain.
- How long before hair loss after starting on xeloda
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Colon Cancer Stage Ii, and takes Xeloda)
first time using this drug,was concerned about hair loss. Approximate time you should expect possible hair loss
- Finding more tumore after 4 cycles of xeloda
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who takes Xeloda)
On 20/2/2013 my wife is a 42 years old with the diagnosis of locally advanced left breast cancer (T4b) & clinically positive left supraclavicular & axillary lymph nodes (N3) " invasive ductal carcinoma " . Immunophenotyping was +ve for ER & PR (4/8) , -ve for HER2 (1) with ki-67 =4% .
She started ...
- Is there a remedy for uti caused by side effect to xeloda
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Xeloda)
My GP thinks that my symptoms of UTI may be as a result of taking Xeloda. Is there a remedy to cure it other than antibiotics
More questions for: Xeloda, Large intestine perforation
More reviews for: Xeloda, Large intestine perforation
More related studies for: Xeloda, Large intestine perforation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nortriptyline and Xanax
- Mucinex Dm and Bystolic
- Heart Palpitations and Excedrin
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (12 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (17 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Indomethacin for a 30-year old woman who has Pleurisy (50 minutes ago)
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (2 hours ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (2 hours ago)