From FDA reports: Xeloda and Large intestine perforation
This is a study of Large intestine perforation among people who take Xeloda. The study analyzes: the time on Xeloda when people have Large intestine perforation, age of these people, the severity of Large intestine perforation, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Xeloda. In total 16,662 Xeloda users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is used in colon cancer, breast cancer metastatic, cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer metastatic. Commonly reported side effects of Xeloda include diarrhea, nausea, palmar-plantar erythrodysaesthesia syndrome, nausea and vomiting, pain.
Large intestine perforation
Large intestine perforation has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, acne.
On Jun, 17, 2013: 16,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda. Among them, 48 people (0.29%) have Large Intestine Perforation.
Time on Xeloda when people have Large intestine perforation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Large intestine perforation||55.56%||40.74%||3.70%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Large intestine perforation when taking Xeloda * :
|Large intestine perforation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.64%||40.91%||45.45% |
Severity of Large intestine perforation when taking Xeloda ** :
How people recovered from Large intestine perforation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rectal cancer (13 people, 27.08%)
- Colon cancer metastatic (4 people, 8.33%)
- Neoplasm malignant (4 people, 8.33%)
- Rectal cancer metastatic (4 people, 8.33%)
- Nausea (3 people, 6.25%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avastin (26 people, 54.17%)
- Oxaliplatin (16 people, 33.33%)
- Elplat (8 people, 16.67%)
- Zocor (6 people, 12.50%)
- Loxonin (6 people, 12.50%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether large intestine perforation is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Xeloda (capecitabine) is often used for colon cancer. Find out below the conditions Xeloda is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Xeloda used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Xeloda side effects from A to Z:
Browse Xeloda drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Atenolol for a 32-year old man who has Tachycardia (47 minutes ago)
- Xyzal, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Cozaar for a 57-year old woman who has Allergies, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension (59 minutes ago)
- Claravis for a 15-year old boy who has Acne Cystic (1 hour ago)
- Cymbalta for a 75-year old woman who has Neuropathy Peripheral (1 hour ago)
- Neurontin for a 42-year old woman who has Bipolar Affective Disorder Aggravated (2 hours ago)
- Prometrium for a 54-year old woman who has Estradiol - Test (2 hours ago)
- Viibryd for a 42-year old woman who has Anxiety (2 hours ago)
- Elidel for a 15-year old girl who has Excema (2 hours ago)
- Ortho Tri-cyclen, Omeprazole, Folic Acid, Oxycontin, Cymbalta, Gabapentin for a 28-year old woman who has Birth Control, Acid Reflux, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pain - Joints, Depression, Neuropathy (2 hours ago)
- Doxycycline Hyclate for a 23-year old woman who has Clamydia (2 hours ago)