Home > Xeloda > Neuropathy > Xeloda and Neuropathy
Review: could Xeloda cause Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)?
Summary: Neuropathy is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Nausea.
We study 18,060 people who have side effects while taking Xeloda from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xeloda and have Neuropathy >>>
Xeloda (latest outcomes from 18,174 users) has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in colon cancer.
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) (latest reports from 5,090 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 18,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda. Among them, 13 people (0.07%) have Neuropathy.
Time on Xeloda when people have Neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Neuropathy when taking Xeloda * :
Severity of Neuropathy when taking Xeloda ** :
How people recovered from Neuropathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (4 people, 30.77%)
- Prostate cancer metastatic (2 people, 15.38%)
- Colorectal cancer (2 people, 15.38%)
- Diarrhoea (2 people, 15.38%)
- Glaucoma (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (4 people, 30.77%)
- Dexamethasone (3 people, 23.08%)
- Kytril (2 people, 15.38%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 15.38%)
- Glucotrol xl (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy while taking Xeloda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xeloda and have Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Xeloda
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Phenergan)
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenerga ...
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Breathing Difficulty, and takes Xeloda)
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- My father take xeloda and have muscle pain which drug he can take ?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Pain, and takes Xeloda )
My father have secum adenocarcinoma and remove them with surgery now he take xeloda 500 2pill morning and 2 pill night but he had muscle pain.
- What are effects of gabapentin when taking stress test?
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Gabapentin, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide)
I am seeing a neurologist, and have been referred to a cardiologist before final diagnosis. My initial test was good, but the cardiologist recommended I have a stress test to complete his evaluation.
- Can i do anything to help dysphonia associated with prednisone tablets?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Temporal Arteritis, and takes Gabapentin, Metformin, Prednisone)
Taking Prednisone tablets for temporal arteritis. Noticed voice getting hoarse and believe go be dysphonia side effect. Wondering if anything I can do to help alleviate.
More questions for: Xeloda, Neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Adderall Xr 30)
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, Rhabdomyolysis, and takes Lyrica)
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
More reviews for: Xeloda, Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of side effects of Xeloda for a patient with Colon Cancer Stage Iii. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: Have been on Xeloda 5days. 2000mg bid and past few days intermittent chest and arm pain. I had check up at hospital, including a stress test which was all normal. Pain fells like muscle tightness and comes on after exertion.
- A study of drug interactions between Complera, Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Lamivudine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate, Efavirenz/lamivudine/tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate for a patient with Myositis, Chronic Kidney Disease. The patient has Myositis, Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Chronic Kidney Disease
Comments: I was prescribed tenofovir since 2006 in many of the combination medications for hIV treatment. doctors did not inform me of the risks. In May of 2014 I was diagnosed with CKD 3. Tis wen un checks all theses years. I was taken off Atripla "to see if my leg pain would go away" and restarted 3 months ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Blood Clots. The patient has Neuropathy (damage to nerves)
Comments: Began warafin sodium (coumodin) approximately one month ago after a diagnosis of DVT clots in my left leg (with some traveling to lungs). Within two or three days, noticed numbness and tingling in left foot. Since then seems to have stabilized to numb left heel and tingling on arch (bottom) of lef ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
More related studies for: Xeloda, Neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.