Review: could Xeloda cause Swelling face?
Summary: Swelling face is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 18,060 people who have side effects while taking Xeloda from FDA and social media. Among them, 131 have Swelling face. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xeloda and have Swelling face >>>
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in colon cancer. (latest outcomes from Xeloda 18,174 users)
Swelling face has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, pain, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Swelling face 19,511 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 18,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda. Among them, 131 people (0.73%) have Swelling Face.
Time on Xeloda when people have Swelling face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swelling face||34.04%||59.57%||4.26%||2.13%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Swelling face when taking Xeloda * :
|Swelling face||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.22%||18.52%||48.89%||30.37% |
Severity of Swelling face when taking Xeloda ** :
How people recovered from Swelling face ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (66 people, 50.38%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (43 people, 32.82%)
- Breast cancer (37 people, 28.24%)
- Depression (18 people, 13.74%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 8.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (104 people, 79.39%)
- Aredia (60 people, 45.80%)
- Femara (57 people, 43.51%)
- Faslodex (47 people, 35.88%)
- Cytoxan (40 people, 30.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling Face while taking Xeloda?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xeloda and have Swelling Face
- support group for people who take Xeloda
- support group for people who have Swelling Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Breathing Difficulty, and takes Xeloda)
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- My father take xeloda and have muscle pain which drug he can take ?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Pain, and takes Xeloda )
My father have secum adenocarcinoma and remove them with surgery now he take xeloda 500 2pill morning and 2 pill night but he had muscle pain.
- How long before hair loss after starting on xeloda
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Colon Cancer Stage Ii, and takes Xeloda)
first time using this drug,was concerned about hair loss. Approximate time you should expect possible hair loss
- Finding more tumore after 4 cycles of xeloda
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who takes Xeloda)
On 20/2/2013 my wife is a 42 years old with the diagnosis of locally advanced left breast cancer (T4b) & clinically positive left supraclavicular & axillary lymph nodes (N3) " invasive ductal carcinoma " . Immunophenotyping was +ve for ER & PR (4/8) , -ve for HER2 (1) with ki-67 =4% .
She started ...
- Is there a remedy for uti caused by side effect to xeloda
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Xeloda)
My GP thinks that my symptoms of UTI may be as a result of taking Xeloda. Is there a remedy to cure it other than antibiotics
More questions for: Xeloda, Swelling face
More reviews for: Xeloda, Swelling face
- A study of side effects of Xeloda for a patient with Colon Cancer Stage Iii. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: Have been on Xeloda 5days. 2000mg bid and past few days intermittent chest and arm pain. I had check up at hospital, including a stress test which was all normal. Pain fells like muscle tightness and comes on after exertion.
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyprexa, Xanax, Ondansetron, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Vicodin, Adderall Xr 30, Adderall 30, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Depakote for a patient with Bipolar, Anxiety Disorder, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Endometriosis, Add. The patient has Orthostatic Intolerance, Chills, Fever, Photosensitivity Reaction, Dehydration, Numbness And Tingling, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Pain - Joints, Muscle Pain, Dizziness, Vertigo, Hallucination, Visual, Abdominal Pain, Swelling In The Abdomen, Swelling Face, Nausea
Comments: After doubling my Depakote dose, my abdomen is swollen and I am so dizzy and hallucinating so badly I can barely read. My nausea and pain are so severe, very effective drugs at doses that are a significant amount to my system are barely helping. Due to the weather and thus swelling of my previous Ch ...
- A study of drug interactions between XELODA, ANDROGEL, Warfarin Sodium, Tamsulosin, LANTUS, METFORMIN, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a patient with Colon Cancer, Testosterone, Pulmonary Embolism, Biopsy Prostate, Diabetes, Chloesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Gums - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Glands - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Swollen Tongue
Comments: Swelling develops quickly and is usually accompanied by itching and occasional rash. Swelling begins to dissipate after 4-5 hours. It is totally random - two weeks without any swelling, then 3-4 days with itching and swelling at different sites.
- A study of side effects of Dilaudid for a patient with Surgery. The patient has Swelling Face
Comments: IV push Dilaudid cause immediate swelling of face, throat, etc. Couldn't breathe. ended up getting the team of nurses & md's in..med or meds given, but unsure what was given. Do you think this was anazphylixis? and was given either Narcan or epi?
More related studies for: Xeloda, Swelling face
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.