Xeloda and Swelling face - from FDA reports
Swelling face is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Swelling face with Xeloda. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,732 people who have side effects when taking Xeloda from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
28,732 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda.
Among them, 160 people (0.56%) have Swelling face
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeloda when people have Swelling face *:
- < 1 month: 38.46 %
- 1 - 6 months: 48.72 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.13 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Swelling face when taking Xeloda *:
- female: 89.94 %
- male: 10.06 %
Age of people who have Swelling face when taking Xeloda *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.99 %
- 40-49: 19.4 %
- 50-59: 46.27 %
- 60+: 31.34 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (58 people, 36.25%)
- Depression (19 people, 11.88%)
- High Blood Pressure (17 people, 10.62%)
- Anaemia (8 people, 5.00%)
- Muscle Spasms (6 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (104 people, 65.00%)
- Aredia (54 people, 33.75%)
- Femara (47 people, 29.38%)
- Taxotere (40 people, 25.00%)
- Faslodex (40 people, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (83 people, 51.88%)
- Osteomyelitis (79 people, 49.38%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (71 people, 44.38%)
- Bone Disorder (68 people, 42.50%)
- Metastases To Bone (60 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Swelling face when taking Xeloda?
- Check symptoms - is swelling face caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSwelling face and drugs with ingredients of capecitabine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSwelling face and Xeloda from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Xeloda 29,056 users)
Swelling face has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 35,275 Swelling face patients).
Browse all side effects of Xelodaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Swelling faceSwelling face
Could your condition cause Swelling faceSwelling face
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi My father 72 years old has been taking Xeloda for the past 3 weeks and we have suddenly seen that his mental condition has degenerated. He is showing dementia like symptoms. Has anybody seen or experienced something similar. Do the symptoms go away if we stop the medication
User reviews to the study
Past four years, fighting breast cancer that has spread. Removed right breast and all auxiliary lymph nodes. Completed chemo, radiation and was on hormone therapy. Cancer growth continued and another round of radiation. Stopped hormone therapy and now going on xeloda long term. 7 days on, ...
I started Xeloda in March, Before it I had a cough from flu and another chemo. It almost subsided. Now I cough every day it affected talking. In the mornings I coughed violently, non-stop till vomiting. Take different cough remedies but it does not help.