Review: could Xenical cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Xenical, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Celebrex, and have Obesity.
We study 10,757 people who have side effects while taking Xenical from FDA and social media. Among them, 592 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xenical and have Diarrhea >>>
Xenical has active ingredients of orlistat. It is often used in weight abnormal. (latest outcomes from 10,849 Xenical users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 10,757 people reported to have side effects when taking Xenical. Among them, 592 people (5.50%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Xenical when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xenical * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xenical * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Xenical ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Obesity (68 people, 11.49%)
- Pain (13 people, 2.20%)
- Weight control (12 people, 2.03%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 1.86%)
- Overweight (8 people, 1.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celebrex (46 people, 7.77%)
- Lasix (46 people, 7.77%)
- Lipitor (44 people, 7.43%)
- Prilosec (42 people, 7.09%)
- Aspirin (40 people, 6.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xenical and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Xenical?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Xenical and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Xenical
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Cyclogyl for a 52-year old woman with Eye Redness. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
Recent Xenical related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.