Review: could Xenical cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Xenical, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Celebrex, and have Obesity.
We study 10,756 people who have side effects while taking Xenical from FDA and social media. Among them, 592 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xenical and have Diarrhea >>>
Xenical has active ingredients of orlistat. It is often used in weight abnormal. (latest outcomes from Xenical 10,848 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Diarrhea 137,983 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 10,756 people reported to have side effects when taking Xenical. Among them, 592 people (5.50%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Xenical when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xenical * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xenical * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Xenical ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Obesity (68 people, 11.49%)
- Pain (13 people, 2.20%)
- Weight control (12 people, 2.03%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 1.86%)
- Overweight (8 people, 1.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celebrex (46 people, 7.77%)
- Lasix (46 people, 7.77%)
- Lipitor (44 people, 7.43%)
- Prilosec (42 people, 7.09%)
- Aspirin (40 people, 6.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Xenical?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xenical and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Xenical
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Xenical, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Irregular menstrual cycle ob alli
missed periods and long menses (bleeding) lasting 29 days plus. would not stop without medication. cycle is prolonged and irregular only when taking alli. sometimes I Can go months without having a cycle and to get a cycle I must stop taking alliance for at least a week. This was my tell all. my prolactin was not normal.
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems like my hair is thinning. My skin is drying out or becoming considerably less elastic.
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to stomach alcohol and had to quit....or had other reactions to gemfibrozil and alcohol use. My depression is becoming severe. I have life changes as well, so I can't figure if it is the drug. Had to take it as my triglycerides were over 900. They are now down to 250. Thanks
More reviews for: Xenical, Diarrhea
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
More related studies for: Xenical, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.