Xolair and Atrial fibrillation - from FDA reports
Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Xolair, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Symbicort, and have Bronchitis. This review analyzes which people have Atrial fibrillation with Xolair. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,896 people who have side effects when taking Xolair from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
27,896 people reported to have side effects when taking Xolair.
Among them, 133 people (0.48%) have Atrial fibrillation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xolair when people have Atrial fibrillation *:
- < 1 month: 23.08 %
- 1 - 6 months: 46.15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 23.08 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Xolair *:
- female: 33.08 %
- male: 66.92 %
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Xolair *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.68 %
- 50-59: 16.07 %
- 60+: 81.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bronchitis (14 people, 10.53%)
- Wheezing (4 people, 3.01%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (4 people, 3.01%)
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis Allergic (4 people, 3.01%)
- Breathing Difficulty (3 people, 2.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Symbicort (47 people, 35.34%)
- Singulair (46 people, 34.59%)
- Alvesco (36 people, 27.07%)
- Prednisone (28 people, 21.05%)
- Ventolin (23 people, 17.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (38 people, 28.57%)
- Wheezing (34 people, 25.56%)
- Weight Decreased (28 people, 21.05%)
- Heart Attack (28 people, 21.05%)
- Pneumonia (27 people, 20.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Atrial fibrillation when taking Xolair?
- Check symptoms - is atrial fibrillation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAtrial fibrillation and drugs with ingredients of omalizumab.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAtrial fibrillation and Xolair from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xolair has active ingredients of omalizumab. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Xolair 28,078 users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,335 Atrial fibrillation patients).
Browse all side effects of Xolaira b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
Could your condition cause Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been battling alcoholism for many years. I have tried quitting on my own and rehab but am to the point apparently my body can't handle just stopping. It is apparent that my body is dependent on it now because I have drank for so many years. I recently lost a friend mainly due to abruptly ...
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
User reviews to the study
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue
I getting Xolair injections every two weeks for my asthma, & have seen some improvement in my breathing. Started August 16 of 2016 and had my 21st injection yesterday & am really exhausted today. Sometimes I am not so tired day after the injection & sometimes are very tired. Still using my ...