Home > Xyrem > Libido increased > Xyrem and Libido increased
Review: could Xyrem cause Libido increased?
Summary: Libido increased is found among people who take Xyrem, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Requip, and have Cataplexy.
We study 3,774 people who have side effects while taking Xyrem from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Libido increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Libido increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xyrem and have Libido increased >>>
Xyrem (latest outcomes from 3,884 users) has active ingredients of sodium oxybate. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Libido increased (increased sexual urge to have sex) (latest reports from 1,214 patients) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, restless leg syndrome, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 3,774 people reported to have side effects when taking Xyrem. Among them, 9 people (0.24%) have Libido Increased.
Time on Xyrem when people have Libido increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Libido increased||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Libido increased when taking Xyrem * :
|Libido increased||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Libido increased when taking Xyrem * :
|Libido increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Libido increased when taking Xyrem ** :
How people recovered from Libido increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cataplexy (6 people, 66.67%)
- Narcolepsy (5 people, 55.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 22.22%)
- Restless legs syndrome (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (6 people, 66.67%)
- Prozac (4 people, 44.44%)
- Armodafinil (3 people, 33.33%)
- Amphetamine, dextroamphetamine mixed salts (3 people, 33.33%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Libido Increased while taking Xyrem?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xyrem and have Libido Increased
- support group for people who take Xyrem
- support group for people who have Libido Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How far apart can xyrem and flexeril be taken?
(Asked by a 13 year old boy who has Narcolepsy, and takes Xyrem)
How far apart can Xyrem and flexeril be taken? 1st time trying flexeril for a back ache.
- I have been diagnosed with narcolepsy w/cataplexy, lupus, and fiberomyalgia. i am taking plaquenil, xyrem, and nuvigil for my illnesses. i am concern with my type of treatment because its not working?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Asthenia, Fatigue, Sleepy, Joint Pain, Migraines, Diaherria, Severe Coughing, And Body Pain., and takes Plaquenil, Xyrem, Nuvigil, Imitrex, Vitamin D)
I have been diagnosed with Narcolepsy w/Cataplexy, Lupus, and Fiberomyalgia. I am taking Plaquenil, Xyrem, and Nuvigil for my illnesses. I am concern with my type of treatment I am currently on, I am not feeling energized, lack of intimacy, asthenia, get exhausted quickly, and allergic to the sun he ...
- Can narcolepsy cause eye spasms?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Narcolepsy, Saccadic Eye Movement Disorder, and takes Modafinil, Xyrem)
I was diagnosed with saccadic eye movement disorder 7 years ago and they could never figure out how to help me... October of 2012 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy... My eye spasms started getting much worse 2 years ago and continue to get worse. I would like to figure out if I actually have an eye di ...
More questions for: Xyrem, Libido increased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Xyrem, Lunesta, Seroquel, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
- Libido increase with xyrem
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Thyroid Operation, Cataplexy, Narcolepsy, Migraine Prophylaxis, and takes Synthroid, Inderal La, Cymbalta, Xyrem, Nuvigil)
Although it appears by my med list that I am a train wreck, its quite the contrary. Now that my migraine headaches have been controlled by Inderal & Cymbalta and my thyroid is under control, the only thing left to do was to fall asleep at the oddest times, which progressed to not being able to stand ...
More reviews for: Xyrem, Libido increased
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Xyrem for a patient with Depression, Narcolepsy. The patient has Sudden Hearing Loss, Ringing In The Ears
Comments: An MRI shows ear canal as normal and no growths. Further testing for MS shows "some" lesions on the brain but no MS in spinal cord and MS eye test showed no evidence of MS. Hearing test for sudden(overnight) hearing loss shows high frequency hearing loss x 6 weeks ago. Prednisone via pills and IV ...
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Nexium, Singulair, Vyvanse, Prozac, Nuvigil, Xyrem for a patient with Chronic Pain, Electrolyte Imbalance, Acid Reflux, Multiple Allergies, Narcolepsy And Add, Anxiety, Narcolepsy, Narcolespy With Cataplexy. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: Started taking Nuvigil at first did not help me stay awake. After starting Xyrem the Nuvigil was causing severe anxiety and dysphoria. After 6 weeks I told my doctor I could not take this medication any longer. I stopped the Nuvigil and a week later resumed my Vyvanse. I was taking Vyvanse 60mg dail ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xyrem, Modafinil, Co-codamol, Ibuprofen for a patient with Cataplexy, Narcolepsy, Postoperative Care, Postoperative Analgesia. The patient has Vomiting Postoperative
Comments: I want to check interaction of all these drugs together, with dosage taken
modafinil 800mg daily
XYREM 4.5g x 2 daily
Co-codamol 30/500mg upto 8 daily
Ibuprofen 400mg x 3 daily
I also want to check interaction/side effect of XYREM after anaesthetic and when it's safe to restart after micro v ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nadolol, Adderall, Xyrem, Klonopin, Zantac, Prozac Weekly, Climara Pro, Restasis, Multivitamin, Milk Thistle, Omega 6 Oils, Omega-3 Oil, Welchol, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Colace, Niacin, Compazine, Marinol, Retin-a Micro, Desonide, Dietary Fiber, Soy Protein, Enzyme Therapy for a patient with Mitral Valve Prolapse, Narcolepsy, Barrett's Esophagus, Depression, Menopausal Symptoms Prophylaxis, Dry Eyes, Supplementation Therapy, Hypercholesterolaemia, Hemorrhoids, Low Density Lipoprotein Increased, Gastric Disorder, Aging Changes In Skin, Seborrhoea, Constipation. The patient has
Comments: Xyrem causes me to experience Raynaud symptoms at some dosages.
I rarely take Marinol as it makes me lightheaded & cognitively impaired.
Fearful of EPS from Compazine but I take 10mg daily as it is the only medication I've found effective for my severe nausea from tachygastria x 4 years! Unable to ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xyrem, Vivitrol, Levoxyl for a patient with Narcolepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia (low Dose), Hypothyroidism. The patient has Xyrem
Comments: Six months ago, dose increased to 3 mg two to three times nightly. (Usually twice) Toes 3, 4, 5 increasingly numb for the past five months. This month, Toes 1 and 2 went numb, now progressing to bottom of feet. Numbness is worse at night in bed. Wears off some during day, but not completely. Occasio ...
More related studies for: Xyrem, Libido increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.