Home > Yasmin > Crohn's disease > Yasmin and Crohn's disease
Review: could Yasmin cause Crohn's disease?
We study 38,262 people who have side effects while taking Yasmin from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Crohn's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Crohn's disease and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Yasmin and have Crohn's disease >>>
Yasmin (latest outcomes from 38,730 users) has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control.
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,214 patients) has been reported by people with acne, pain, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 38,256 people reported to have side effects when taking Yasmin. Among them, 55 people (0.14%) have Crohn's Disease.
Time on Yasmin when people have Crohn's disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Yasmin * :
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||28.85%||57.69%||3.85%||7.69%||1.92%||0.00% |
Severity of Crohn's disease when taking Yasmin ** :
How people recovered from Crohn's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (26 people, 47.27%)
- Contraception (14 people, 25.45%)
- Crohn's disease (10 people, 18.18%)
- Drug dependence (5 people, 9.09%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (37 people, 67.27%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (13 people, 23.64%)
- Lopid (12 people, 21.82%)
- Coumadin (10 people, 18.18%)
- Humira (10 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease while taking Yasmin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Yasmin and have Crohn's Disease
- support group for people who take Yasmin
- support group for people who have Crohn's Disease
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Yasmin, Crohn's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Chest pain while on yasmin
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
More reviews for: Yasmin, Crohn's disease
On eHealthMe, Yasmin (drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Yasmin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Yasmin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Yasmin, Crohn's disease
Recent Yasmin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Yasmin, Crohn's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (10 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (49 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Queen's Delight
- Heart Disease Aging
- Eosinophil Count Increased
- Leukaemic Infiltration
- Bone Cyst