Home > Yasmin > Crohn's disease > Yasmin and Crohn's disease
Review: could Yasmin cause Crohn's disease?
Summary: Crohn's disease is found among people who take Yasmin, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Accutane, and have Acne.
We study 38,262 people who have side effects while taking Yasmin from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Crohn's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Crohn's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Yasmin and have Crohn's disease >>>
Yasmin (latest outcomes from 38,731 users) has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control.
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,407 patients) has been reported by people with acne, pain, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 38,256 people reported to have side effects when taking Yasmin. Among them, 55 people (0.14%) have Crohn's Disease.
Time on Yasmin when people have Crohn's disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Yasmin * :
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||28.85%||57.69%||3.85%||7.69%||1.92%||0.00% |
Severity of Crohn's disease when taking Yasmin ** :
How people recovered from Crohn's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (26 people, 47.27%)
- Contraception (14 people, 25.45%)
- Crohn's disease (10 people, 18.18%)
- Drug dependence (5 people, 9.09%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (37 people, 67.27%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (13 people, 23.64%)
- Lopid (12 people, 21.82%)
- Coumadin (10 people, 18.18%)
- Humira (10 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease while taking Yasmin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Yasmin and have Crohn's Disease
- support group for people who take Yasmin
- support group for people who have Crohn's Disease
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Hpv, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cimzia)
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- Can yaz birth control cause a subdural hematoma?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Healthy, and takes YAZ)
Has anyone ever heard or experienced a subdural hematoma after taking the birth control pill, YAZ?
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence??
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Dermatomyositis)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What stage is my melanoma?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Recurring Subcutaneous Melanoma, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cholestyramine)
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
More questions for: Yasmin, Crohn's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Chest pain while on yasmin
(Posted by a 27 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Yasmin)
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Caused by azathioprine
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Azathioprine)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Allopurinol, Purinethol)
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Yasmin, Crohn's disease
- A study of drug interactions between Yasmin, Lamictal for a patient with Menstruation Irregular, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has
Comments: My depression has slowly increased but maybe it is the seasonal depression cycle. I am more concerned about the effectiveness of Yasmin.
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Yaz, Zolmitriptan, Telmisartan, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Effexor for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Oral Contraception, Migraine Without Aura, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Problem Concentrating, Loss Of Balance, Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine Aggravated, Depressive Symptom, Cold Sweat
Comments: I am vegetarian and was told I have a b12 defeciency
- A study of side effects of Yasmin for a patient with Acne. The patient has
Comments: i just need to get rid of acne now for once and for all.
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Yasmin, Zyrtec, Prozac, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a patient with Tension Headache, Birth Control, Nasal Allergies, Anxiety Disorder, Ptsd. The patient has Increased Tendency To Bruise
Comments: I have mystery bruises, mostly more or less perfectly round and fairly small. One massive one on the back of my leg that hurts when I run.
More related studies for: Yasmin, Crohn's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.