Home > Yasmin > Sleeplessness > Yasmin and Sleeplessness
Review: could Yasmin cause Sleeplessness (Insomnia)?
Summary: Sleeplessness is found among people who take Yasmin, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Yaz, and have Contraception.
We study 38,262 people who have side effects while taking Yasmin from FDA and social media. Among them, 202 have Sleeplessness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleeplessness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Yasmin and have Sleeplessness >>>
Yasmin (latest outcomes from 38,731 users) has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control.
Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired) (latest reports from 761,004 patients) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 38,256 people reported to have side effects when taking Yasmin. Among them, 202 people (0.53%) have Sleeplessness.
Time on Yasmin when people have Sleeplessness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Yasmin * :
Severity of Sleeplessness when taking Yasmin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleeplessness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (81 people, 40.10%)
- Acne (29 people, 14.36%)
- Menstruation irregular (26 people, 12.87%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (24 people, 11.88%)
- Depression (14 people, 6.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yaz (69 people, 34.16%)
- Drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol (23 people, 11.39%)
- Ibuprofen (18 people, 8.91%)
- Vioxx (13 people, 6.44%)
- Sandimmune (11 people, 5.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleeplessness while taking Yasmin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Yasmin and have Sleeplessness
- support group for people who take Yasmin
- support group for people who have Sleeplessness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Can yaz birth control cause a subdural hematoma?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Healthy, and takes YAZ)
Has anyone ever heard or experienced a subdural hematoma after taking the birth control pill, YAZ?
More questions for: Yasmin, Sleeplessness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Chest pain while on yasmin
(Posted by a 27 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Yasmin)
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
More reviews for: Yasmin, Sleeplessness
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Qvar 40, Albuterol, Singulair for a patient with Pediatric Asthma. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Irritability, Mood Swings
Comments: 4 year old son personality changed with in a week of starting singular 4 mg chew tablets for his asthma. He went from being a very calm child to very scared and easily upset. He would break down very easily and it would take 30 min to almost 1 hour to calm him down over the simplest things. He would ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Prednisone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety
Comments: For 6 years I have been taking predisone to treat my Myasthenia Gravis, which is primarily ocular. I've always had moderate situational anxiety but as soon as I began taking prednison my axiety sky rocketed. My predinsone doses have ranged from 5-30mg per day, depending on weather or not I am in r ...
- A study of side effects of Yaz for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Pelvic Infection. Pelvic Pain , Leg Pain, Cramping Feeling That Extends Down Legs And Bottom Of Back
Comments: after continuous visits to my gynecologist for cramping, swelling, pain that originated from the pelvic area and extended down my legs I decided to undergo surgery for a full in 2010. I have not completely healed from the surgery. Even after the surgery, my gynecologist was still unsuccessful in eli ...
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Fish Oil, Syeda for a patient with Postnasal Drip, Vitamin Supplementation, Birth Control. The patient has Diarrhea, Loose Stools
Comments: Pharmacy switched my generic birth control Ocella to Syeda in late January 2013. For some reason, I developed a sort of a psychological adverse reaction to the drug in that whenever I take it or think about taking it, I feel a little nauseated. That has been going on for about two years but has gott ...
More related studies for: Yasmin, Sleeplessness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.