Review: could Yasmin cause Varicose vein?
Summary: Varicose vein is found among people who take Yasmin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Contraception.
We study 38,268 people who have side effects while taking Yasmin from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Varicose vein. Find out below who they are, when they have Varicose vein and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Yasmin and have Varicose vein >>>
Yasmin has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Yasmin 38,739 users)
Varicose vein (veins that have become enlarged and tortuous) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, birth control, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Varicose vein 2,333 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 38,262 people reported to have side effects when taking Yasmin. Among them, 79 people (0.21%) have Varicose Vein.
Time on Yasmin when people have Varicose vein * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Varicose vein||5.71%||25.71%||11.43%||22.86%||22.86%||11.43%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Varicose vein when taking Yasmin * :
|Varicose vein||0.00%||0.00%||7.83%||29.57%||26.96%||34.78%||0.87%||0.00% |
Severity of Varicose vein when taking Yasmin ** :
How people recovered from Varicose vein ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (61 people, 77.22%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (29 people, 36.71%)
- Pain (26 people, 32.91%)
- Menstruation irregular (22 people, 27.85%)
- Acne (21 people, 26.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (36 people, 45.57%)
- Yaz (34 people, 43.04%)
- Allegra (24 people, 30.38%)
- Wellbutrin (21 people, 26.58%)
- Flexeril (19 people, 24.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Varicose Vein while taking Yasmin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Yasmin and have Varicose Vein
- support group for people who take Yasmin
- support group for people who have Varicose Vein
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Yasmin, Varicose vein
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Chest pain while on yasmin
(Posted by a 27 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Yasmin)
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Malignant melanoma and yasmin
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has Malignant Melanoma Stage Iv, and takes Yasmin)
I began taking Yasmin a year before my wedding. At dress fittings, I noticed rapid changes in a mole. It was stage 4 melanoma. It was removed surgically.
My gynecologist took me off Yasmin immediately. Within 3-6 mos, I had a second mole removed stage 1 and in remission. That was 6 years ago, no re ...
- I took accutane and i had lymphoma
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Chest X-ray Abnormal, Cough, and takes Yaz, Accutane)
I am not sure how this is linked but the facts are consistent with the study already done. Taking accutane for 1-6 months being female and having lymphoma at age 35
More reviews for: Yasmin, Varicose vein
- A study of side effects of Yaz for a patient with Alopecia In Women. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts (intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry), Obsessive Rumination (thinking and worry or rumination is an inability to gain control over recurrent, distressing thoughts, images), Depression, Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry)
Comments: Some months since I started to consume contraceptives, I began with symtoms as depression, anxiety and obsessive thoughs. The psychiatrist affirm that I have OCD but that it isn't related to the use of contraceptive pills, but I think so.
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Loryna, Xalatan, Azopt for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Periods - Painful, Glaucoma. The patient has Menstruation - Painful, Menstruation Irregular, Pms, Emotional Distress, Migraine With Aura, Acute Bladder Infection, Allergies, Sexual Intercourse - Painful, Lumpy Breasts, Fatigue - Chronic, Abortion Induced Incomplete, Painful Defaecation, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Cramps, Leg Cramping, Diarrhea, Constipation, Nausea, Eczema, Back Pain - Low
Comments: perfect storm? all symptoms started after abortion, been on glaucoma medication for 15 years, cousin on the same meds was diagnosed with a rare form of endometriosis. All my symptoms say endometriosis is possible cause. I just want to know what is wrong with me.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Xyzal, Yasmin, Zolpidem Tartrate, Adderall 10 for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Allergies, Birth Control, Insomnia, Adhd. The patient has Nocturia, Bladder Irritation, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: Numbness has occurred on and off for several years. Always in upper left back near shoulder blades. Left hand feels like it may go numb and so leg (this is very subtle though). Exercise, potentially heat and stress induce the numbness feeling. The bladder issues have also gone on several years a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Yaz, Aloe Vera, Garcinia Cambogia, Thiamine Nitrate, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid, Calcium D-Pantothenate for a patient with Contraception, Weight Loss, Hair Loss, Hair Loss In Women. The patient has Skin Hyperpigmentation
Comments: I have been taking these pills for the past month and suddenly this morning I noticed that I have a very whitening patch on my forehead and some brownish spots too on my forehead as well. Can you kindly advise if any of these can cause pigmentation?
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Cytomel, Tirosint, Spironolactone, Yaz for a patient with Brittle Nails, Hypothyroidism, Hair Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Blood Carbon Dioxide, Calcium - Serum
Comments: Doctor had me on spironolactone and yaz at the same time. I found that you aren't suppose to be on these at same time. Was on both for 4-5 months. had basic metabolic test. potassium levels ok but now my calcium blood serum level is mildly high as well as my carbon dioxide level was midly high. Ver ...
More related studies for: Yasmin, Varicose vein
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.