Home > Yaz > Alopecia > Yaz and Alopecia
Review: could Yaz cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
We study 29,092 people who have side effects while taking Yaz from FDA and social media. Among them, 96 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Yaz and have Alopecia >>>
Yaz (latest outcomes from 29,930 users) has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control.
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 29,089 people reported to have side effects when taking Yaz. Among them, 96 people (0.33%) have Alopecia.
Time on Yaz when people have Alopecia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Yaz * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Yaz ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (29 people, 30.21%)
- Acne (14 people, 14.58%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 9.38%)
- Polycystic ovaries (7 people, 7.29%)
- Urinary tract infection (7 people, 7.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yasmin (34 people, 35.42%)
- Ibuprofen (9 people, 9.38%)
- Alprazolam (9 people, 9.38%)
- Lexapro (7 people, 7.29%)
- Metformin hcl (6 people, 6.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Yaz?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Yaz and have Alopecia
- group for people who take Yaz
- group for people who have Alopecia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
hair is not comming out in clumps, but it looks like it's breaking off. I'm now on my 3 month pack. hopefully, this changes.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Yaz, Alopecia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Chest pain while on yasmin
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
More reviews for: Yaz, Alopecia
On eHealthMe, Yaz (drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Yaz is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Yaz used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (60 minutes ago)
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage
- Breast Enlargement