Review: could Zanaflex cause Drug screen positive?
Summary: Drug screen positive is found among people who take Zanaflex, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 6,736 people who have side effects while taking Zanaflex from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Drug screen positive. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen positive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zanaflex and have Drug screen positive >>>
Zanaflex has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 7,307 Zanaflex users)
Drug screen positive
Drug screen positive has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 4,209 Drug screen positive patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 6,736 people reported to have side effects when taking Zanaflex. Among them, 21 people (0.31%) have Drug Screen Positive.
Time on Zanaflex when people have Drug screen positive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug screen positive||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Zanaflex * :
|Drug screen positive||76.92%||23.08% |
Age of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Zanaflex * :
|Drug screen positive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||21.74%||43.48%||30.43%||4.35%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (8 people, 38.10%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 19.05%)
- Back pain (4 people, 19.05%)
- Neck pain (4 people, 19.05%)
- Neuralgia (1 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (11 people, 52.38%)
- Valium (9 people, 42.86%)
- Baclofen (8 people, 38.10%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 38.10%)
- Xanax (7 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zanaflex and drug screen positive on
Do you have Drug Screen Positive while taking Zanaflex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zanaflex and have Drug Screen Positive
- support group for people who take Zanaflex
- support group for people who have Drug Screen Positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man with Acyclovir. The patient has Cold Symptoms
- A study of drug interactions between Lidocaine, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 25, Clonazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Nexium, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Prednisone for a 42-year old woman with Pain, Genital Herpes, Add, Anxiety Disorder, Muscle Relaxer, Acid Reflux, Frequent Headaches. The patient has Depression, Post Concussion Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Congenital Aortic Stenosis, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Fractured Coccyx, Chronic Pain
Recent Zanaflex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.