Review: could Zanaflex cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Zanaflex, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 6,736 people who have side effects while taking Zanaflex from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zanaflex and have Suicide attempt >>>
Zanaflex has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 7,307 Zanaflex users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 32,157 Suicide attempt patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 6,736 people reported to have side effects when taking Zanaflex. Among them, 85 people (1.26%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Zanaflex when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||75.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Zanaflex * :
|Suicide attempt||57.30%||42.70% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Zanaflex * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.04%||19.72%||56.34%||16.90%||0.00% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Zanaflex ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (21 people, 24.71%)
- Depression (18 people, 21.18%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 18.82%)
- Fibromyalgia (10 people, 11.76%)
- Multiple sclerosis (10 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (34 people, 40.00%)
- Oxycontin (26 people, 30.59%)
- Paxil (23 people, 27.06%)
- Klonopin (22 people, 25.88%)
- Flexeril (22 people, 25.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Zanaflex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zanaflex and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Zanaflex
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man with Acyclovir. The patient has Cold Symptoms
- A study of drug interactions between Lidocaine, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 25, Clonazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Nexium, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Prednisone for a 42-year old woman with Pain, Genital Herpes, Add, Anxiety Disorder, Muscle Relaxer, Acid Reflux, Frequent Headaches. The patient has Depression, Post Concussion Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Congenital Aortic Stenosis, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Fractured Coccyx, Chronic Pain
Recent Zanaflex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.