Review: could Zantac 150 cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Zantac 150, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Non-small cell lung cancer.
We study 3,500 people who have side effects while taking Zantac 150 from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac 150 and have High blood sugar >>>
Zantac 150 has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Zantac 150 3,890 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from High blood sugar 16,702 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 3,500 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac 150. Among them, 8 people (0.23%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Zantac 150 when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Zantac 150 * :
|High blood sugar||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Zantac 150 * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Zantac 150 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-small cell lung cancer (2 people, 25.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 25.00%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 12.50%)
- Gout (1 people, 12.50%)
- Metastatic neoplasm (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Dexamethasone tab (3 people, 37.50%)
- Acyclovir (3 people, 37.50%)
- Desonide (2 people, 25.00%)
- Dextrose (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Zantac 150?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zantac 150 and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Zantac 150
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Will doxylamine succinate show up as any thing on a drug test
Will doxylamine succinate show up in a drug screen ..
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Need some help, i missed a week of pantalock and took zantack 150 mgs for a week then i went back on the panalock and sill my stomake is feeling off.
Small question I did not take my birth control for the month of February then I had a very upset stomach all week during my period and did not have the panalock for a week so I took zantack for a week then came back to pantalock at 40mg but my stomach is still feeling off a little is it because I switched meds again but I shouldn't of any info may help.
- Cause of a symptom possibly be due to interaction between spironolactone and seroquel?
Am Transgender, MtF, 20 years post operative, major Depressive lifelong, and rage, both inherited from birth mother, suicidal at times, un-named sleep disorder since teens
Had started Spironolactone in around April of this year due to sudden breastmass loss, and then more recently, Seroquel for sleep and mood, over the past week, from around 5pm on, my inside of my entire skull, feels like a molten magma simmering, to where I have to wet my head down under COLLLLLD water, til I almost get brain-freeze up to 15-20 times throughout the evening until bed at midnight---and I am already under 3 fans! I also, have a nasal allergy to heat, which dr's REFUSE to recognize and treat, AS such
More questions for: Zantac 150, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Polyuria associated with zantac
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontinued Zantac. Kidneys stopped hurting after about 4 hours. Seem to be ok, now.
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and the next week I got it again and was hospitalized 9 days that time. I knew I had been on the med but could not remember the side effect that made me come off previously until i started it again 2 days ago and woke today with Pneumonia again. Last time my pulmonologist said that the med in combination with the antidepressant which is all I take right now relaxes me too much and it paralyzes my choking reflex causing aspiration of saliva and ultimately waking up sick as the bacteria laced fluid goes crazy in the moist conditions of the lungs.
More reviews for: Zantac 150, High blood sugar
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- Due to lack of appetite, and not following the directions, I didn't eat once starting Macrodantin. Due to nausea, I will change that.
Beginning blood sugar 88
After two doses 151
After two additional doses 170
- Treatment for parathyroid benign includes water pill, vitamin D, and potassium chloride. Coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing occurs mostly at night. Once it starts, difficult to stop. Itching is daily, with visible hives and/or edema on occasion.
More related studies for: Zantac 150, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.