Home > Zantac 150 > High blood sugar > Zantac 150 and High blood sugar
Review: could Zantac 150 cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
We study 3,492 people who have side effects while taking Zantac 150 from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac 150 and have High blood sugar >>>
Zantac 150 (latest outcomes from 3,880 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 143,470 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 3,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac 150. Among them, 8 people (0.23%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Zantac 150 when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Zantac 150 * :
|High blood sugar||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Zantac 150 * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Zantac 150 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-small cell lung cancer (2 people, 25.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 25.00%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 12.50%)
- Gout (1 people, 12.50%)
- Metastatic neoplasm (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Dexamethasone tab (3 people, 37.50%)
- Acyclovir (3 people, 37.50%)
- Desonide (2 people, 25.00%)
- Dextrose (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Zantac 150?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Zantac 150 and have High Blood Sugar
- group for people who take Zantac 150
- group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
12 hrs after lantus, bs is going up. Also noted increased overall bs as lantus dose increased
From this study (4 weeks ago):
General fatigue, knee pain from arthritis,chronic insomnia, scalp psoriasis. One recent episode of bedwetting.
From this study (1 month ago):
never done full panel of hormones; cortisol flatlined 5 years ago now too high; testing also showed high estrogen levels for peri-menopausal female
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Need some help, i missed a week of pantalock and took zantack 150 mgs for a week then i went back on the panalock and sill my stomake is feeling off.
Small question I did not take my birth control for the month of February then I had a very upset stomach all week during my period and did not have the panalock for a week so I took zantack for a week then came back to pantalock at 40mg but my stomach is still feeling off a little is it because I sw ...
- Cause of a symptom possibly be due to interaction between spironolactone and seroquel?
Am Transgender, MtF, 20 years post operative, major Depressive lifelong, and rage, both inherited from birth mother, suicidal at times, un-named sleep disorder since teens
Had started Spironolactone in around April of this year due to sudden breastmass loss, and then more recently, Seroquel for sle ...
- Can hydrochlorothiazide cause bleeding in between period
I started taking this tablet 1/2 a day then noticed that i am having my menstruation twice a month then the following month had my period after it ended but i'm noticing spotting on the 8th day.
More questions for: Zantac 150, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Polyuria associated with zantac
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontin ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Zantac 150, High blood sugar
On eHealthMe, Zantac 150 (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Zantac 150 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zantac 150 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (19 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Varicose Veins Vulval
- Lanolin Poisoning