Review: could Zantac cause Drug screen false positive?
Summary: Drug screen false positive is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zantac 150, and have Indigestion.
We study 34,316 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Drug screen false positive. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen false positive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zantac and have Drug screen false positive >>>
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 35,540 Zantac users)
Drug screen false positive
Drug screen false positive has been reported by people with depression, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, pain. (latest reports from 1,235 Drug screen false positive patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 34,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 76 people (0.22%) have Drug Screen False Positive.
Time on Zantac when people have Drug screen false positive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug screen false positive||63.64%||27.27%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug screen false positive when taking Zantac * :
|Drug screen false positive||30.49%||69.51% |
Age of people who have Drug screen false positive when taking Zantac * :
|Drug screen false positive||0.00%||0.00%||2.27%||11.36%||22.73%||50.00%||11.36%||2.27% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dyspepsia (30 people, 39.47%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 10.53%)
- Ulcer (4 people, 5.26%)
- Gastric ulcer (3 people, 3.95%)
- Depression (2 people, 2.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zantac 150 (47 people, 61.84%)
- Nexium (4 people, 5.26%)
- Zantac 75 (4 people, 5.26%)
- Effexor (2 people, 2.63%)
- Stewart prenatal vitamin (2 people, 2.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Screen False Positive while taking Zantac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zantac and have Drug Screen False Positive
- support group for people who take Zantac
- support group for people who have Drug Screen False Positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 53-year old woman with GERD. The patient has Dementia
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Zantac 150, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Lexapro for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Gerd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue, Nausea, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Losartan, Ultram, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Neurontin, Humalog, Metformin, Bydureon, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Diffenceincy, Supplement, Gerd, Hypertension, Pain, Neuropathy, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 50-year old woman with Indigestion. The patient has Loss Of Appetite
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Zantac related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.