Home > Zantac > Itching > Zantac and Itching
Review: could Zantac cause Itching?
We study 34,288 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 895 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac and have Itching >>>
Zantac (latest outcomes from 35,508 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Itching (latest reports from 545,906 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 34,283 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 895 people (2.61%) have Itching.
Time on Zantac when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Zantac * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Zantac * :
Severity of Itching when taking Zantac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dyspepsia (68 people, 7.60%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (64 people, 7.15%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 4.69%)
- Pain (40 people, 4.47%)
- Multiple myeloma (34 people, 3.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zantac 150 (109 people, 12.18%)
- Aspirin (98 people, 10.95%)
- Benadryl (96 people, 10.73%)
- Prilosec (76 people, 8.49%)
- Albuterol (70 people, 7.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Zantac?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Zantac and have Itching
- group for people who take Zantac
- group for people who have Itching
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Treatment for parathyroid benign includes water pill, vitamin D, and potassium chloride. Coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing occurs mostly at night. Once it starts, difficult to stop. Itching is daily, with visible hives and/or edema on occasion.
From this study (6 months ago):
I have had severe formincation for the last 31 years since menopause and the only slight relief I get is if I scrap the skin from my entire body with a very sharp knife. This can resume even straight after spending 4 and 5 hours taking the skin off and sometimes even comes back the very next morning.Average return is weekly. The doctor says after sending me to specialists for skin conditions that there is no answer and formication has been around 1000's years and I have to live with it. I am now almost 81 years old and I cant bear it much longer.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zantac, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Polyuria associated with zantac
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontin ...
More reviews for: Zantac, Itching
On eHealthMe, Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Zantac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zantac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (13 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (13 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (22 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (25 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (38 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Pain Relief
- Diclofenac Sodium
- Enterobius Vermicularis