Home > Zantac > Low blood sugar > Zantac and Low blood sugar
Review: could Zantac cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
We study 34,288 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 147 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac and have Low blood sugar >>>
Zantac (latest outcomes from 35,508 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) (latest reports from 158,196 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus.
On Aug, 31, 2014: 34,283 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 147 people (0.43%) have Low Blood Sugar. They amount to 0.09% of all the 157,906 people who have Low Blood Sugar on eHealthMe.
Time on Zantac when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Zantac * :
|Low blood sugar||47.44%||52.56% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Zantac * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.78%||0.00%||4.69%||2.34%||13.28%||31.25%||47.66% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Zantac ** :
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 12.24%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 10.88%)
- Anxiety (11 people, 7.48%)
- Pain (10 people, 6.80%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 5.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (44 people, 29.93%)
- Lasix (33 people, 22.45%)
- Lipitor (28 people, 19.05%)
- Reglan (28 people, 19.05%)
- Prevacid (28 people, 19.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Zantac?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Zantac and have Low Blood Sugar
- group for people who take Zantac
- group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
Nawfal on Mar, 10, 2012:
after 3 months of taking zantac,now i'm having hypoglycaemia attack every 1 to 2 days
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zantac, Low blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Polyuria associated with zantac
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontin ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Zantac, Low blood sugar
On eHealthMe, Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Zantac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zantac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Low Blood Sugar is also known as: Hypoglycaemia, Hypoglycemia, Insulin shock.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nasonex, Nexium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 48-year old woman who has Nasal Inflammation, GERD, Neuropathy, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (23 minutes ago)
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (57 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Decreased Appetite and Vyvanse
- Dizziness and Neuropathy
- Dizziness and Nexium
- Dizziness and Gerd
- Dizziness and Nasonex
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)