Review: could Zantac cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 34,314 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 147 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zantac and have Low blood sugar >>>
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 35,539 Zantac users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus. (latest reports from 20,733 Low blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 34,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 147 people (0.43%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Zantac when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Zantac * :
|Low blood sugar||47.44%||52.56% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Zantac * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.78%||0.00%||4.69%||2.34%||13.28%||31.25%||47.66% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Zantac ** :
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 12.24%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 10.88%)
- Anxiety (11 people, 7.48%)
- Pain (10 people, 6.80%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 5.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (44 people, 29.93%)
- Lasix (33 people, 22.45%)
- Lipitor (28 people, 19.05%)
- Reglan (28 people, 19.05%)
- Prevacid (28 people, 19.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zantac and low blood sugar on
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Zantac?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zantac and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Zantac
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Zantac 150, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Lexapro for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Gerd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue, Nausea, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 50-year old woman with Indigestion. The patient has Loss Of Appetite
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Zantac related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.