Home > Zantac > Low blood sugar > Zantac and Low blood sugar
Review: could Zantac cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 34,295 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 226 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac and have Low blood sugar >>>
Zantac (latest outcomes from 35,518 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) (latest reports from 159,195 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 34,288 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 147 people (0.43%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Zantac when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Zantac * :
|Low blood sugar||47.44%||52.56% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Zantac * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.78%||0.00%||4.69%||2.34%||13.28%||31.25%||47.66% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Zantac ** :
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 12.24%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 10.88%)
- Anxiety (11 people, 7.48%)
- Pain (10 people, 6.80%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 5.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (44 people, 29.93%)
- Lasix (33 people, 22.45%)
- Lipitor (28 people, 19.05%)
- Reglan (28 people, 19.05%)
- Prevacid (28 people, 19.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Zantac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zantac and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Zantac
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Will doxylamine succinate show up as any thing on a drug test
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Makes U Tired, and takes Zantac 300)
Will doxylamine succinate show up in a drug screen ..
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into ...
- Need some help, i missed a week of pantalock and took zantack 150 mgs for a week then i went back on the panalock and sill my stomake is feeling off.
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Missed A Week Dose, and takes Zantac 150, Sotalol Hydrochloride)
Small question I did not take my birth control for the month of February then I had a very upset stomach all week during my period and did not have the panalock for a week so I took zantack for a week then came back to pantalock at 40mg but my stomach is still feeling off a little is it because I sw ...
- Hot flashes with palpitations and impending doom feelings
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Hot Flashes, Palpitations, Breathlessness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Impending Doom Feelings, Low Blood Sugar, Anxiety, and takes Thiamine (vitamin B1))
I have suffered from chemotherapy premature menopause for 10 years causing hot flashes with severe palpitations, panic, muscle weakness and fatigue; also come after anaerobic exercise with breathlessness. Any physical stress and anxiety will provoke them. I also get low blood sugar.
I'm looking int ...
More questions for: Zantac, Low blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Polyuria associated with zantac
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Esophageal And Gastric Erosions, and takes Zantac 150)
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontin ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Zantac, Low blood sugar
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Low Blood Sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures)
Comments: This could be a coincidence, but after stopping 20mg/day Omeprazole just over a week ago, I've been experiencing feeling of low blood sugar starting within a few days, but I didn't make a connection between the two issues.
Although I wake up feeling fine, low blood sugar symptoms happen not long ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Zantac 300, Indapamide, Calcitriol, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container for a patient with Itching, Gerd, Parathyroid Disorder, Aat Deficiency, Parathyroid Hormone. The patient has Hives, Itching, Cough
Comments: Treatment for parathyroid benign includes water pill, vitamin D, and potassium chloride. Coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing occurs mostly at night. Once it starts, difficult to stop. Itching is daily, with visible hives and/or edema on occasion.
- A study of drug interactions between Xyzal, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium, Zantac 300, Boniva, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Riboflavin, Baby Aspirin, Clonazepam, Mobic, Zanaflex for a patient with Inherited Allergies, Ptsd, Gastroparesis, Gerd, Osteopenia, Bone Disorder, Everlasting, Mri Of The Heart, Heart Attacks And Jaw Pain, Seizures, Pain - Bones, Partial Seizures. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, No Energy To Do Anything, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: Cerebral palsy- hemiplegic/temporal lobe seizures, migraines, insomnia, depressed, sad, in pain all day. I have no intention of intention of wanting to do anything except stay in bed and sleep and I'm never hungry.
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a patient with Hypoglycemia. The patient has Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar cause seizures)
Comments: Currently hospitalized 27 year old taking Atenolol for BP at least 6 months. Blood sugars rise with glucose injections IM or IV for about 1 hour and then drop in the 40's and 50's continually. Start of decline is profuse sweating, feels dizzy, and general feeling bad
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Fiorinal, Valium, Glucosamine, Zantac 150, Zyrtec, Plaquenil, Gabapentin for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Intracranial Hypertension, Muscle Spasticity, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Mastocytosis, Autonomic Neuropathy. The patient has Cervical Root Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, Tinnitus Aggravated, Lumbar Pain, Joint Instability, Sjogren's Syndrome, Migraine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Comments: I have chiari (decompressed), Syringomyelia, Intracranial hypertension, Tethered cord (surgery), CranioCervical Instability, Ehlers Danlos with mixed connective tissue disorder, crohns, afib, superventricular tachycardia and mast cell activation disorder
More related studies for: Zantac, Low blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.