Home > Zantac > Rash > Zantac and Rash
Review: could Zantac cause Rash (Rashes)?
We study 34,288 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,353 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac and have Rash >>>
Zantac (latest outcomes from 35,508 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Rash (redness) (latest reports from 971,462 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 34,283 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 1,392 people (4.06%) have Rash.
Time on Zantac when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Zantac * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Zantac * :
Severity of Rash when taking Zantac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (105 people, 7.54%)
- Breast cancer (103 people, 7.40%)
- Hypertension (100 people, 7.18%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (88 people, 6.32%)
- Depression (83 people, 5.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (218 people, 15.66%)
- Zometa (205 people, 14.73%)
- Aredia (185 people, 13.29%)
- Ativan (161 people, 11.57%)
- Lasix (159 people, 11.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Zantac?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Zantac and have Rash
- group for people who take Zantac
- group for people who have Rash
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
speckled Rash on forearms and neck, new freckles on face
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zantac, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
- Polyuria associated with zantac
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontin ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Zantac, Rash
On eHealthMe, Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Zantac is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zantac used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (59 minutes ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Solidago Virgaurea