Zantac and Rash - from FDA reports
Rash is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Rash with Zantac. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 49,831 people who have side effects when taking Zantac from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
49,831 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac.
Among them, 2,157 people (4.33%) have Rash
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zantac when people have Rash *:
- < 1 month: 75.49 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.95 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.78 %
- 10+ years: 2.33 %
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Zantac *:
- female: 66.03 %
- male: 33.97 %
Age of people who have Rash when taking Zantac *:
- 0-1: 1.27 %
- 2-9: 2.47 %
- 10-19: 2.24 %
- 20-29: 4.6 %
- 30-39: 6.04 %
- 40-49: 12.65 %
- 50-59: 21.33 %
- 60+: 49.34 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (149 people, 6.91%)
- Multiple Myeloma (135 people, 6.26%)
- Pain (132 people, 6.12%)
- Breast Cancer (107 people, 4.96%)
- Depression (91 people, 4.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (207 people, 9.60%)
- Lasix (195 people, 9.04%)
- Benadryl (190 people, 8.81%)
- Prilosec (175 people, 8.11%)
- Aredia (174 people, 8.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching (409 people, 18.96%)
- Nausea (387 people, 17.94%)
- Breathing Difficulty (382 people, 17.71%)
- Fatigue (376 people, 17.43%)
- Pain (319 people, 14.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash when taking Zantac?
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Zantac 50,703 users)
Rash has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 281,324 Rash patients).