Home > Zantac > Spinal compression fracture > Zantac and Spinal compression fracture
Review: could Zantac cause Spinal compression fracture?
Summary: Spinal compression fracture is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 34,295 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 136 have Spinal compression fracture. Find out below who they are, when they have Spinal compression fracture and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac and have Spinal compression fracture >>>
Zantac (latest outcomes from 35,518 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Spinal compression fracture
Spinal compression fracture (fracture due to spinal compression on bone) (latest reports from 4,520 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 34,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 136 people (0.40%) have Spinal Compression Fracture.
Time on Zantac when people have Spinal compression fracture * :
Gender of people who have Spinal compression fracture when taking Zantac * :
|Spinal compression fracture||55.56%||44.44% |
Age of people who have Spinal compression fracture when taking Zantac * :
|Spinal compression fracture||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.52%||23.39%||62.10% |
Severity of Spinal compression fracture when taking Zantac ** :
How people recovered from Spinal compression fracture ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (35 people, 25.74%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (13 people, 9.56%)
- Pain (12 people, 8.82%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (11 people, 8.09%)
- Depression (10 people, 7.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (103 people, 75.74%)
- Prednisone (58 people, 42.65%)
- Lasix (57 people, 41.91%)
- Aredia (54 people, 39.71%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (52 people, 38.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spinal Compression Fracture while taking Zantac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zantac and have Spinal Compression Fracture
- support group for people who take Zantac
- support group for people who have Spinal Compression Fracture
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Will doxylamine succinate show up as any thing on a drug test
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Makes U Tired, and takes Zantac 300)
Will doxylamine succinate show up in a drug screen ..
- Need some help, i missed a week of pantalock and took zantack 150 mgs for a week then i went back on the panalock and sill my stomake is feeling off.
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Missed A Week Dose, and takes Zantac 150, Sotalol Hydrochloride)
Small question I did not take my birth control for the month of February then I had a very upset stomach all week during my period and did not have the panalock for a week so I took zantack for a week then came back to pantalock at 40mg but my stomach is still feeling off a little is it because I sw ...
- I take methadone hydro 10mgs/3prn how does it interact w/my other meds
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Spinal Compression Fracture, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride)
My pain and sleep problems-which are neurologically based, predates methadone use- have been well managed for at least 6 years. My methadone dose has never changed nor do I feel the need for more. Though it does cause constipation it is managed fairly well with ample hydration (minimum intake 64 oz ...
- Cause of a symptom possibly be due to interaction between spironolactone and seroquel?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Depression - Major, Rage, Coronary Artery Insufficiency, Fibromyalgia, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Estradiol, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Temazepam, Mirtazapine, Spironolactone, Seroquel)
Am Transgender, MtF, 20 years post operative, major Depressive lifelong, and rage, both inherited from birth mother, suicidal at times, un-named sleep disorder since teens
Had started Spironolactone in around April of this year due to sudden breastmass loss, and then more recently, Seroquel for sle ...
More questions for: Zantac, Spinal compression fracture
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Polyuria associated with zantac
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Esophageal And Gastric Erosions, and takes Zantac 150)
I was prescribed Zantac 150mg before breakfast and before dinner. After two days, I felt tired and had polyuria (by weight change 650 mL). I had kidney pain so drank water with a tiny bit of salt. Felt very nauseous, but more water helped. Continued to sip water til kidney pain eased. Have discontin ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Zantac, Spinal compression fracture
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Zantac 300, Indapamide, Calcitriol, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container for a patient with Itching, Gerd, Parathyroid Disorder, Aat Deficiency, Parathyroid Hormone. The patient has Hives, Itching, Cough
Comments: Treatment for parathyroid benign includes water pill, vitamin D, and potassium chloride. Coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing occurs mostly at night. Once it starts, difficult to stop. Itching is daily, with visible hives and/or edema on occasion.
- A study of drug interactions between Xyzal, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium, Zantac 300, Boniva, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Riboflavin, Baby Aspirin, Clonazepam, Mobic, Zanaflex for a patient with Inherited Allergies, Ptsd, Gastroparesis, Gerd, Osteopenia, Bone Disorder, Everlasting, Mri Of The Heart, Heart Attacks And Jaw Pain, Seizures, Pain - Bones, Partial Seizures. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, No Energy To Do Anything, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: Cerebral palsy- hemiplegic/temporal lobe seizures, migraines, insomnia, depressed, sad, in pain all day. I have no intention of intention of wanting to do anything except stay in bed and sleep and I'm never hungry.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Fiorinal, Valium, Glucosamine, Zantac 150, Zyrtec, Plaquenil, Gabapentin for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Intracranial Hypertension, Muscle Spasticity, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Mastocytosis, Autonomic Neuropathy. The patient has Cervical Root Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, Tinnitus Aggravated, Lumbar Pain, Joint Instability, Sjogren's Syndrome, Migraine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Comments: I have chiari (decompressed), Syringomyelia, Intracranial hypertension, Tethered cord (surgery), CranioCervical Instability, Ehlers Danlos with mixed connective tissue disorder, crohns, afib, superventricular tachycardia and mast cell activation disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Verapamil Hydrochloride, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Tablets, Antacid Therapy, Depression. The patient has Itching Only Helps When I Have Taken The Skin From My Body With A Sharp Knife, Insane Whole Body Itching Lasting Hours, Formication, Itching
Comments: I have had severe formincation for the last 31 years since menopause and the only slight relief I get is if I scrap the skin from my entire body with a very sharp knife. This can resume even straight after spending 4 and 5 hours taking the skin off and sometimes even comes back the very next morning ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Zyrtec, Synthroid, Allegra, Zantac, Prilosec, Aldactone, Zanaflex for a patient with Postnasal Drip, Hives, Thyroid Function Tests, Barrett's Esophagus, High Blood Pressure, Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Flushing Of Face And Neck With Hives
Comments: Flushing started Feb. 2013 with large hives. Face and neck become inflamed with burning pain, not itching. Had been on Celebrex several years ( also tried other NSAIDS including Ibuprofen, mobic and aspirin) For neck and joint pain as well as chronic plantar facitits. Episode seem less often withou ...
More related studies for: Zantac, Spinal compression fracture
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.