Review: could Zantac cause Vitamin d deficiency (Rickets)?
Summary: Vitamin d deficiency is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 34,314 people who have side effects while taking Zantac from FDA and social media. Among them, 89 have Vitamin d deficiency. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitamin d deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zantac and have Vitamin d deficiency >>>
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 35,539 Zantac users)
Vitamin d deficiency
Vitamin d deficiency (softening of bones) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 5,485 Vitamin d deficiency patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 34,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac. Among them, 89 people (0.26%) have Vitamin D Deficiency.
Time on Zantac when people have Vitamin d deficiency * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vitamin d deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vitamin d deficiency when taking Zantac * :
|Vitamin d deficiency||88.76%||11.24% |
Age of people who have Vitamin d deficiency when taking Zantac * :
|Vitamin d deficiency||1.47%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.35%||13.24%||39.71%||38.24% |
Severity of Vitamin d deficiency when taking Zantac ** :
How people recovered from Vitamin d deficiency ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (44 people, 49.44%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (41 people, 46.07%)
- Sleep disorder (24 people, 26.97%)
- Pain (19 people, 21.35%)
- Blood cholesterol (19 people, 21.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (34 people, 38.20%)
- Diazepam (25 people, 28.09%)
- Prevacid (23 people, 25.84%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate (21 people, 23.60%)
- Forteo (20 people, 22.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zantac and vitamin d deficiency on
Do you have Vitamin D Deficiency while taking Zantac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zantac and have Vitamin D Deficiency
- support group for people who take Zantac
- support group for people who have Vitamin D Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 50-year old woman with Indigestion. The patient has Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Zantac 150, Metoprolol Succinate, Hyzaar for a 48-year old woman with Heartburn, Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Low Blood Potassium
- A study of side effects of Escitalopram for a 61-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Joint Stiffness, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Vitamin D Deficiency (softening of bones), Vitamin B12 Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Zantac, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Ge Reflux, Diabetes. The patient has Rhinitis
Recent Zantac related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.