Review: could Zetia cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 24,570 people who have side effects while taking Zetia from FDA and social media. Among them, 392 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zetia and have Memory loss >>>
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 24,986 Zetia users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,420 Memory loss patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 24,570 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia. Among them, 392 people (1.60%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Zetia when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||13.85%||23.08%||1.54%||7.69%||49.23%||1.54%||3.08% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Zetia * :
|Memory loss||56.28%||43.72% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Zetia * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.61%||12.16%||20.06%||67.17% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Zetia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||18.18%||63.64%||18.18%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (83 people, 21.17%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 10.71%)
- Depression (42 people, 10.71%)
- Insomnia (28 people, 7.14%)
- Osteoporosis (27 people, 6.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (118 people, 30.10%)
- Aspirin (108 people, 27.55%)
- Nexium (80 people, 20.41%)
- Plavix (79 people, 20.15%)
- Ambien (62 people, 15.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zetia and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Zetia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zetia and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Zetia
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a 62-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis)
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Sunburn
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
Recent Zetia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pravachol, Zetia for a 55-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Metformin, Zetia, Onglyza for a 74-year old man who has Low Blood Sugar
- Comparions of Ezetimibe, Telmisartan, Bumetanide, Aspirin, Omacor for a 66-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Aspirin, Cialis, Tamsulosin, Zetia, Tricor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Livalo, Zetia for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.