Review: could Zetia cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 24,561 people who have side effects while taking Zetia from FDA and social media. Among them, 392 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zetia and have Memory loss >>>
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 24,975 users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Memory loss 62,109 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 24,558 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia. Among them, 392 people (1.60%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Zetia when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||13.85%||23.08%||1.54%||7.69%||49.23%||1.54%||3.08% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Zetia * :
|Memory loss||56.28%||43.72% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Zetia * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.61%||12.16%||20.06%||67.17% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Zetia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||18.18%||63.64%||18.18%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (83 people, 21.17%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 10.71%)
- Depression (42 people, 10.71%)
- Insomnia (28 people, 7.14%)
- Osteoporosis (27 people, 6.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (118 people, 30.10%)
- Aspirin (108 people, 27.55%)
- Nexium (80 people, 20.41%)
- Plavix (79 people, 20.15%)
- Ambien (62 people, 15.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Zetia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zetia and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Zetia
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- What's wrong with me?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Irritable, Forgetfulness, No Focus, Insomnia , Mind Is Always Racing, Indecisive , Can't Complete Tasks, Impatient)
I have always been very impatient about everything. I'm never on time
I can't get anything accomplished around the house I can't concentrate or focus to get the laundry done or the dishes...I walk in circles most days accomplishing nothing!
Paperwork really stresses me! Wheat her it be for my ki ...
- Does one ever get their memory back after discontinueing the tysabri?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis, Bad Depression, Brain "fog" And "focusing", Short-Term Memory Loss)
vesicare 10mg x1 bupropion 150mg x1
lisinopril 5mg as needed bupropion 300mg x1
fluoxetine 20mg x1 alprazolam 0.5mg - bedtime
vigil 250mg x1 melatonin 3mg - bedtime
aubagio 14mg. x1 diphenhydramine 50mg - bedtime
carvedilol 6.25mg x1 ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- Memory loss& confusion
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, and takes Celexa)
I can not remember the majority or most of my past.I am very,very confused about things or stuff that I used to know everything about
More questions for: Zetia, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Zetia causes deafness
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Deafness, and takes Zetia)
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Tendinitis in both wrist
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Tendon Operation, and takes Zetia)
Horrible pain in both wrist at the same time.. It started about a month after I started taking it. By the time I stopes it was too late. The pain got worse and worse. I had a Cortizone shot in both wrist and it did get better for a few months. After that the pain returned it was even worse than b ...
- Epipen and memory loss
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Sudden Memory Loss, and takes Epipen)
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
- Klonopin side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Memory Loss, and takes Klonopin)
Took 1mg of klonopin daily for 2 years for extreme anxiety. Decided to stop medication and now have memory loss. It was also very difficult to train my body to fall asleep on its own after coming off this medication. I have a deficiency in vitamin D now. Not sure if this is from taking this drug? Ha ...
More reviews for: Zetia, Memory loss
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Loss Of Coordination, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places), Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Excess Need For Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar 2. The patient has Forgetfulness
Comments: I take it with celexa to even out my highs and lows. Unfortunately, I have memory problems,(200 mg daily), mostly short term. I didn't have this problem before I started taking the medications. My wife is on it also, (100 mg daily). She experiences the same. She is taking effexor.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Abilify, Lexapro for a patient with ADHD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss
Comments: I took Lexapro all throughout high school and one year in college. i was taken off lexapro when i was put on adderall after being misdiagnosed with adhd. i was also on abilify my senior year of high school. i got off of adderall after one semester of school. I can not remember a time when my memory ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
More related studies for: Zetia, Memory loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.