Review: could Zetia cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 24,570 people who have side effects while taking Zetia from FDA and social media. Among them, 979 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zetia and have Rash >>>
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 24,983 Zetia users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 151,029 Rash patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 24,565 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia. Among them, 1,034 people (4.21%) have Rash.
Time on Zetia when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Zetia * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Zetia * :
Severity of Rash when taking Zetia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (244 people, 23.60%)
- Hypertension (107 people, 10.35%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (88 people, 8.51%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (57 people, 5.51%)
- Diabetes mellitus (41 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (259 people, 25.05%)
- Lipitor (171 people, 16.54%)
- Plavix (132 people, 12.77%)
- Niaspan (130 people, 12.57%)
- Crestor (109 people, 10.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zetia and rash on
Do you have Rash while taking Zetia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zetia and have Rash
- support group for people who take Zetia
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Zetia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pravachol, Zetia for a 55-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Metformin, Zetia, Onglyza for a 74-year old man who has Low Blood Sugar
- Comparions of Ezetimibe, Telmisartan, Bumetanide, Aspirin, Omacor for a 66-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Aspirin, Cialis, Tamsulosin, Zetia, Tricor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Livalo, Zetia for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.