Home > Zetia > Shortness of breath > Zetia and Shortness of breath
Review: could Zetia cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 24,558 people who have side effects while taking Zetia from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,145 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zetia and have Shortness of breath >>>
Zetia (latest outcomes from 24,972 users) has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 1,368,535 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 24,550 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia. Among them, 1,145 people (4.66%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Zetia when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||46.56%||27.48%||8.40%||6.87%||7.63%||3.05%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Zetia * :
|Shortness of breath||58.64%||41.36% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Zetia * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.40%||1.92%||9.50%||20.93%||67.24% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Zetia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (173 people, 15.11%)
- Hypertension (155 people, 13.54%)
- Pain (58 people, 5.07%)
- Depression (54 people, 4.72%)
- Blood cholesterol (53 people, 4.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (375 people, 32.75%)
- Lipitor (283 people, 24.72%)
- Plavix (212 people, 18.52%)
- Lasix (199 people, 17.38%)
- Nexium (176 people, 15.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Zetia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zetia and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Zetia
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been taking iophen cnr liquid for about 6 years now almost every day and now i'm wondering if it has any long term side effects cause im taking it for breathing problems doesnt seem to working
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Breathing Difficulty)
Ok so I've been taking this medicine for 5 to 6 years now almost every day several times a day for a terrible cough I have and breathing issue but under some further investigation I've found that this medication may be making my breathing issues worse when I was told that it would make them better. ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Trouble breathing on xeloda
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Breathing Difficulty, and takes Xeloda)
Been on 3000 mil of xeloda for 5 treatments. Last one at start of 7 days off breathing just got more difficult to walk from room to room
- Has anyone seen an immuniologist for granuloma annulare, if so what was the outcome?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Granuloma Annulare, and takes Zetia, Effexor Xr, Topamax , Levothyroxine Thyroid, Phentermine)
I have had granuloma annulare for over a year now. However it has spread like wildfire the last 2 months. It starte out on hands and arms, but is now on 40% of my trunk, back, sholders, legs. I have tried all meds and topucals. I am wondering if anyone has been to an Immuniologist for tretment since ...
More questions for: Zetia, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Zetia causes deafness
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Deafness, and takes Zetia)
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Tendinitis in both wrist
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Tendon Operation, and takes Zetia)
Horrible pain in both wrist at the same time.. It started about a month after I started taking it. By the time I stopes it was too late. The pain got worse and worse. I had a Cortizone shot in both wrist and it did get better for a few months. After that the pain returned it was even worse than b ...
- Diarrhea for 4 years on ezetimibe
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, and takes Ezetimibe)
Had diarrhea for four years which stopped within 8 weeks of stopping the medication.
- Mouth ulceration in cozaar
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers Caused By Losartaor Zetia, Mouth Ulceration, and takes Zetia)
For painful mouth ulcers caused either by my blood pressure drug, Losartan, or my cholesterol med, Zetia, I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. The ulcers are healed. I have other side effects but both these drugs cause similar symptoms it's impossible to tell which is causing certain side effects ...
More reviews for: Zetia, Shortness of breath
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I was on Zetia for about a year for high cholesterol. I couldn't take statin drugs. 6 months into taking Zetia I went to my eye doctor for a routine checkup. He found severe scarring of the cornea in both eyes. I did not relate it to medication at this time. I went to a cornea specialist and she is ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Azithromycin for a patient with Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Difficulty Breathing
Comments: pneumonia gone but muscle pain in lower back and kidney area is intense---and-is making walking very painful------last year I was given Levaquen for a kidney infection-----infection cleared up but left me with shoulder, arm, and back pain that took 6 months to get over-----my feeling for the future ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Pregabalin, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Prednisolone for a patient with Sarcoidosis, Pain, Immunosuppressant Drug Level. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Cough, Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Increased, High Blood Pressure, Cataract, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Pain Of Skin, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Shortness Of Breath, Uveitis, Ectopic Heartbeat, Heart Block Congenital
Comments: Sarcoidosis caused complete heart block. Pacemaker implanted in December 2009 but for the past two years I have had palpitations caused by around 3.7 million ectopic heartbeats per year.
Sarcoidosis also in lungs and eyes. Extended use of Pred Forte caused development of cataracts, one of which h ...
More related studies for: Zetia, Shortness of breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.