Review: could Zetia cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 24,573 people who have side effects while taking Zetia from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,146 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zetia and have Shortness of breath >>>
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 24,991 Zetia users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,511 Shortness of breath patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 24,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia. Among them, 1,146 people (4.66%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Zetia when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||46.21%||27.27%||8.33%||6.82%||8.33%||3.03%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Zetia * :
|Shortness of breath||58.67%||41.33% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Zetia * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.40%||1.92%||9.60%||20.91%||67.17% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Zetia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (173 people, 15.10%)
- Hypertension (155 people, 13.53%)
- Pain (58 people, 5.06%)
- Depression (54 people, 4.71%)
- Blood cholesterol (53 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (375 people, 32.72%)
- Lipitor (283 people, 24.69%)
- Plavix (212 people, 18.50%)
- Lasix (199 people, 17.36%)
- Nexium (176 people, 15.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zetia and shortness of breath on
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Zetia?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Zetia and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Zetia
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Glipizide for a 78-year old woman with Low Blood Sugar. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a 71-year old man with Blood Thinner. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
Recent Zetia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pravachol, Zetia for a 55-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Metformin, Zetia, Onglyza for a 74-year old man who has Low Blood Sugar
- Comparions of Ezetimibe, Telmisartan, Bumetanide, Aspirin, Omacor for a 66-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Aspirin, Cialis, Tamsulosin, Zetia, Tricor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Livalo, Zetia for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.