Review: could Zetia cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 24,570 people who have side effects while taking Zetia from FDA and social media. Among them, 481 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zetia and have Weight gain >>>
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 24,986 Zetia users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 24,565 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia. Among them, 481 people (1.96%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Zetia when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||24.32%||40.54%||8.11%||8.11%||10.81%||5.41%||2.70% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Zetia * :
|Weight gain||72.19%||27.81% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Zetia * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.58%||7.47%||27.06%||62.89% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Zetia ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||71.43%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (90 people, 18.71%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 8.73%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 5.82%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (26 people, 5.41%)
- Diabetes mellitus (22 people, 4.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (118 people, 24.53%)
- Aspirin (117 people, 24.32%)
- Zocor (67 people, 13.93%)
- Crestor (62 people, 12.89%)
- Neurontin (62 people, 12.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zetia and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Zetia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zetia and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Zetia
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a 62-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis)
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Sunburn
Recent Zetia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pravachol, Zetia for a 55-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Metformin, Zetia, Onglyza for a 74-year old man who has Low Blood Sugar
- Comparions of Ezetimibe, Telmisartan, Bumetanide, Aspirin, Omacor for a 66-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Aspirin, Cialis, Tamsulosin, Zetia, Tricor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Livalo, Zetia for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.