Review: could Zicam cause Bleeding from the nose (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Bleeding from the nose is found among people who take Zicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zicam cold remedy nasal gel, and have Nasopharyngitis.
We study 4,085 people who have side effects while taking Zicam from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Bleeding from the nose. Find out below who they are, when they have Bleeding from the nose and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zicam and have Bleeding from the nose >>>
Zicam has active ingredients of zinc gluconate. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from Zicam 4,171 users)
Bleeding from the nose
Bleeding from the nose (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Bleeding from the nose 23,938 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 4,084 people reported to have side effects when taking Zicam. Among them, 29 people (0.71%) have Bleeding From The Nose.
Time on Zicam when people have Bleeding from the nose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bleeding from the nose||70.59%||5.88%||0.00%||5.88%||11.76%||0.00%||5.88% |
Gender of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Zicam * :
|Bleeding from the nose||61.29%||38.71% |
Age of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Zicam * :
|Bleeding from the nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||14.81%||25.93%||22.22%||25.93% |
Severity of Bleeding from the nose when taking Zicam ** :
How people recovered from Bleeding from the nose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nasopharyngitis (13 people, 44.83%)
- Nasal congestion (3 people, 10.34%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 3.45%)
- Rhinovirus infection (1 people, 3.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zicam cold remedy nasal gel (5 people, 17.24%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 6.90%)
- Cartia xt (2 people, 6.90%)
- Multiple minerals (2 people, 6.90%)
- Multiple vitamins (2 people, 6.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bleeding From The Nose while taking Zicam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zicam and have Bleeding From The Nose
- support group for people who take Zicam
- support group for people who have Bleeding From The Nose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does claritin have an anticoagulant effect?
I thought I had conquered my nosebleed problems with saline nasal mist and saline nasal gel, but now I've started on Claritin (actually Walitin, Walgreen's knockoff) for an unrelated reason and the nosebleeds have started again. Is this because of the Claritin or just a coincidence?
- Has any one been getting nosebleeds from taking this medication (1 answer)
starting getting nosebleeds in about three weeks from starting this medication.Had a sever nosebleed today at work thy had to call EMTS just to get it stop.
- Zinc content
How many mg of Zinc Gluconate were in the 4oz spray bottle???
It always worked for me and have come down with colds since the great product is off the market. Other manufacturers must be happier selling relief medicines.
More questions for: Zicam, Bleeding from the nose
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bad nosebleed (sudafed related?) (1 response)
I have the rhinitis as a result of rebound syndrome from using nasal sprays for years. I use the Flonase to somewhat alleviate the need for the over-the-counter sprays (first two drugs listed). In spite of that, I rarely, if ever, have nosebleeds. I also rarely, if ever, get colds. However, yesterday I decided I definitely was getting a cold and decided to take some 12-hour Sudafed. I took my second dose a couple of hours early and next thing you know my nose was bleeding fairly profusely all night. I tried the recommended method of tilting the head forward and holding the nose shut for 10 minutes but all that did was fill my head with blood and when I let go all kinds of blood and clotted blood came out of my nose and mouth making a huge mess. What worked for me after hours of trying was tilting the head slightly back, putting up with the blood trickling down my throat and trying not to breathe or irritate the bleeding nostril. Periodically I'd have to cough up or blow out some clotting because it became too much to handle but eventually this method worked for me. I've decided to refrain from taking anymore Sudafed or nasal sprays for the time being at least until I'm sure the nosebleed is completely gone.
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Zicam, Bleeding from the nose
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
- after cleaning nose with a tissue very gently, i got a nosebleed. this has happened twice so far while on tenex/guanfacine for less than six months on a relatively low dose. i am on guanfacine for anxiety and insomnia.
More related studies for: Zicam, Bleeding from the nose
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.