Zithromax and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Zithromax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Zithromax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,630 people who have side effects when taking Zithromax from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
25,630 people reported to have side effects when taking Zithromax.
Among them, 46 people (0.18%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zithromax when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 83.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Zithromax *:
- female: 51.11 %
- male: 48.89 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Zithromax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.0 %
- 40-49: 20.0 %
- 50-59: 30.0 %
- 60+: 42.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 19.57%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 17.39%)
- Chest Pain (5 people, 10.87%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 8.70%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (13 people, 28.26%)
- Lipitor (11 people, 23.91%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 21.74%)
- Levaquin (9 people, 19.57%)
- Digoxin (9 people, 19.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (16 people, 34.78%)
- Pneumonia (15 people, 32.61%)
- High Blood Pressure (15 people, 32.61%)
- Chest Pain (13 people, 28.26%)
- Weakness (11 people, 23.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gout when taking Zithromax?
- Check symptoms - is gout caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGout and drugs with ingredients of azithromycin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and Zithromax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zithromax has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Zithromax 26,502 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with gout, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,564 Gout patients).
Browse all side effects of Zithromaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GoutGout
Could your condition cause GoutGout
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
User reviews to the study
Hi, new to this. Third cardioversion, and they put me on xeralto. within a month, terrible pain in my right ankle. Like a sword run through it and still in it. I had previoiusly cut out meat, I don't drink. I lost 10 pounds quickly to stave off another afib. I hadn't been drinking much ...
Age 80 Have taken Xarelto for 6 months for AFIB. About a month ago, began with gout attacks left big to then right big toe... three days. Break of a week between. Now a continued attack that hasn't let up for six days. No change in usual healthy diet. No alcohol, nominal amts red meats and ...
I take 90 mg of brilinta twice a day Nd have come down with a gout attack. I have been prescribed indomethacin for past attacks but do not k ow if it is safe to take with the brilinta and font want to risk bleeding. Please advise if you can. I need to return to work on Monday or may lose my job. ...