Review: could Zocor cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Zocor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 60,350 people who have side effects while taking Zocor from FDA and social media. Among them, 679 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zocor and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Zocor has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 61,452 Zocor users)
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 27,674 Neuropathy peripheral patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 60,349 people reported to have side effects when taking Zocor. Among them, 679 people (1.13%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Zocor when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||13.25%||33.73%||15.66%||8.43%||15.66%||9.64%||3.61% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Zocor * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||45.30%||54.70% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Zocor * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||0.32%||0.80%||4.46%||12.58%||21.34%||60.51% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Zocor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||20.00%||0.00%||60.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (95 people, 13.99%)
- Depression (95 people, 13.99%)
- Multiple myeloma (78 people, 11.49%)
- Sleep disorder (70 people, 10.31%)
- Pain (68 people, 10.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (272 people, 40.06%)
- Aredia (204 people, 30.04%)
- Zometa (200 people, 29.46%)
- Neurontin (180 people, 26.51%)
- Lipitor (170 people, 25.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Zocor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zocor and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Zocor
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Clonazepam for a 60-year old man with Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of side effects of Adderall Xr 5 for a 52-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Amiloride Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin for a 62-year old woman with Bloodpressure, Cholesterol.
Recent Zocor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Simvastatin for a 25-year old man who has Hypercholesterolaemia
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Quinapril, Clonidine for a 71-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.