Review: could Zocor cause Plantar fasciitis?
Summary: Plantar fasciitis is found among people who take Zocor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Hypercalcaemia.
We study 60,349 people who have side effects while taking Zocor from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Plantar fasciitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Plantar fasciitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zocor and have Plantar fasciitis >>>
Zocor has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 61,451 Zocor users)
Plantar fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, sinusitis. (latest reports from 1,894 Plantar fasciitis patients)
On Feb, 22, 2015: 60,349 people reported to have side effects when taking Zocor. Among them, 88 people (0.15%) have Plantar Fasciitis.
Time on Zocor when people have Plantar fasciitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Plantar fasciitis||12.50%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||62.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Zocor * :
|Plantar fasciitis||58.33%||41.67% |
Age of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Zocor * :
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.44%||13.41%||35.37%||48.78% |
Severity of Plantar fasciitis when taking Zocor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Plantar fasciitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercalcaemia (27 people, 30.68%)
- Arthritis (20 people, 22.73%)
- Breast cancer (20 people, 22.73%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (18 people, 20.45%)
- Depression (10 people, 11.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (51 people, 57.95%)
- Celebrex (44 people, 50.00%)
- Levaquin (40 people, 45.45%)
- Zometa (39 people, 44.32%)
- Ambien (36 people, 40.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Plantar Fasciitis while taking Zocor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zocor and have Plantar Fasciitis
- support group for people who take Zocor
- support group for people who have Plantar Fasciitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Lexapro, Lamictal, Prilosec, Simvastatin, Niaspan, Levoxyl, Actos, Januvia, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 64-year old man with Abdominal Pain Lower, Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Gerd, Hypercholesterolemia, High Trigylycerides, Hypothyroidism - Primary, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Diabetes. The patient has Low Platelet Count
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 67-year old woman with Cholesterol Embolization Syndrome. The patient has Swine Flu (an infection caused by any one of several types of swine influenza viruses)
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Lisinopril for a 36-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Lipidil, Simvastatin, Metformin, Valproate Sodium, Seroquel for a 59-year old man with Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes, Bipolar Mania. The patient has Sleep Apnea, Anaemia, Red Blood Cell Count, Neutrophil Count Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Celebrex, Simvastatin, Lisinopril for a 66-year old man with Joint Pain, Lower Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erection Problems
Recent Zocor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.