Zocor and Plantar fasciitis - from FDA reports
Plantar fasciitis is found among people who take Zocor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Hypercalcaemia. This review analyzes which people have Plantar fasciitis with Zocor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 72,742 people who have side effects when taking Zocor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 16, 2017
72,742 people reported to have side effects when taking Zocor.
Among them, 95 people (0.13%) have Plantar fasciitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zocor when people have Plantar fasciitis *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 40 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Zocor *:
- female: 55.95 %
- male: 44.05 %
Age of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Zocor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.47 %
- 40-49: 12.35 %
- 50-59: 38.27 %
- 60+: 46.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypercalcaemia (28 people, 29.47%)
- Breast Cancer (22 people, 23.16%)
- Arthritis (22 people, 23.16%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (18 people, 18.95%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (12 people, 12.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (51 people, 53.68%)
- Celebrex (48 people, 50.53%)
- Zometa (45 people, 47.37%)
- Ambien (39 people, 41.05%)
- Levaquin (38 people, 40.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (60 people, 63.16%)
- Pain In Extremity (59 people, 62.11%)
- Pain (58 people, 61.05%)
- Back Pain (51 people, 53.68%)
- Weakness (47 people, 49.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Plantar fasciitis when taking Zocor?
- Check symptoms - is plantar fasciitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPlantar fasciitis and drugs with ingredients of simvastatin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePlantar fasciitis and Zocor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zocor has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zocor 74,544 users)
Plantar fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,856 Plantar fasciitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Zocora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Plantar fasciitisPlantar fasciitis
Could your condition cause Plantar fasciitisPlantar fasciitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi to all - I have plantar fascitis after taking Avastin for 2 years. I've had the fascitis for over 1 year now and can find no fix for it. It didn't occur it was the Avastin for a long time but...now I realize that's what caused this. I've tried cortisone (lasts a short while), physical ...
I am a 54 y.o. woman dealing with a great deal of stress: divorce, young adult children (last one about to graduate college), aging parents & stressful job. I prefer holistic methods but started on Xanax as a last resort. Now, I can't be as active as I prefer to be due to pain when I walk or run.
The mirena and plantar faciitus have all but ruined my life. I believed they were separate issues or if connected at all that the PF would be caused by the exteme weight gain I have had since having the mirina inserted. I am very anxious to read information about their possible connection. Thank u.