Home > Zocor > Tinnitus > Zocor and Tinnitus
Review: could Zocor cause Tinnitus?
We study 60,339 people who have side effects while taking Zocor from FDA and social media. Among them, 334 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zocor and have Tinnitus >>>
Zocor (latest outcomes from 61,438 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,378 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 60,339 people reported to have side effects when taking Zocor. Among them, 338 people (0.56%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Zocor when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Zocor * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Zocor * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Zocor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (36 people, 10.65%)
- Depression (29 people, 8.58%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (23 people, 6.80%)
- Diabetes mellitus (21 people, 6.21%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 5.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (90 people, 26.63%)
- Fosamax (74 people, 21.89%)
- Vioxx (57 people, 16.86%)
- Atenolol (55 people, 16.27%)
- Lipitor (44 people, 13.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Zocor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zocor and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Zocor
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Tinnitus sufferers using buspar ,did ringing get worse
I am on Zoloft & ringing has been bad last 7 days..dr thinks BuSpar would be milder, just heard scary stories of worse ringing...any help appreciated
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
More questions for: Zocor, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Simvastatin side effects
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Simvastatin caused diseases
Took simvastatin for five years, Developed autoimmune disease, diabetes, myopathy, loss of sight and hearing, seborrheic dermatitis, fibromyalgia, drug induced lupus, tingling in feet and arms, fluid in head, pressure in head, numbness in face, ringing in ears, itchy ears and anus, photo sensitivity ...
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Yes, lexapro does cause tinnitus!
Whenever I forget to take my Lexapro in the morning, I get a high pitched ringing in my ears which starts around 1:00 pm, which won't go away until a few hours after I take the drug. Once I was out of the medication and I almost screamed because the ringing got so bad! I don't think it is as "rare" ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
More reviews for: Zocor, Tinnitus
On eHealthMe, Zocor (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Zocor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Zocor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears), Ringing In Ears Heightened Whilst On Simivastatin
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Clonidine Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Lisinopril, Ibuprofen, Simvastatin for a patient with Pain - Back, Blood Pressure Increased, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has Tinnitus Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of drug interactions between Serevent, Protonix, Simvastatin for a patient with Asthma, Gerd, Cholesterol. The patient has Itchiness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
More related studies for: Zocor, Tinnitus
Recent Zocor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Amphetamine Salt Combo, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a 61-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Zocor, Lipitor for a 68-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Vesicare, Ampyra, Zocor, Tysabri, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Simvastatin for a 33-year old man who has Hypolipidaemia
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Levemir Flexpen for a 47-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Itraconazole for a 5-year old boy who has Hyperlipidemia
- Comparions of Chantix, Metformin, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Simvastatin for a 56-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Crestor, Simvastatin for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
More related comparison studies for: Zocor, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Upper Limb Deformity
- Rebound Effect
- Gallbladder Non Functioning
- Second Degree Burn