Review: could Zofran cause Renal failure acute?
Summary: Renal failure acute is found among people who take Zofran, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Dexamethasone, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 325 people who have side effects while taking Zofran from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Renal failure acute. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure acute and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zofran and have Renal failure acute >>>
Zofran has active ingredients of ondansetron hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Zofran 885 users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Renal failure acute 60,810 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 325 people reported to have side effects when taking Zofran. Among them, 6 people (1.85%) have Renal Failure Acute.
Time on Zofran when people have Renal failure acute * :
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Zofran * :
|Renal failure acute||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||83.33% |
Severity of Renal failure acute when taking Zofran ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure acute ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 33.33%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (1 people, 16.67%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dexamethasone (2 people, 33.33%)
- Sodium bicarbonate in plastic container (1 people, 16.67%)
- Cytarabine (1 people, 16.67%)
- Revlimid (1 people, 16.67%)
- Aggrenox (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure Acute while taking Zofran?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zofran and have Renal Failure Acute
- support group for people who take Zofran
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Acute
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take zofran and magnesium citrate?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Chronic Constipation, and takes Zofran, Magnesium Citrate)
Is it safe to take magnesium citrate for constipation and zofran?
- My mother was given 4 prescriptions on 06/10/2013 and on the 28th, she passed away, would these have cased her liver and kidneys to shut down?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Renal Failure Acute, and takes Fluoxetine, Lansoprazole, Exforge, Celebrex, Cyanocobalamin, Bystolic, Pioglitazone, Leflunomide, Lansoprazole)
we had went to er for a fall, where they did diagnostic xray, and she had bruised her butt, admitted due to small amt of fluid, everything seemed to be going downhill, come monday after thursday, liver and kidneys shut down, just two weeks prior, she was prescribed by her physician celebrex without ...
- I began taking clonazepam two days ago and now i have some rectal bleeding
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Ibs C, and takes Dexilant, Atarax, Linzess, Zofran)
I have been suffering with stomach disorders for the past four years.
- Has anyone developed myastenia gravis after botox for migraines
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Endometriosis, MAGNESIUM METABOLISM DISORDER, Anemia - Iron Deficiency, Menorrhagia, Gout, Migraine With Aura, Lymphadenopathy, Leukocytosis, Insomnia, Optic Neuritis, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Neuropathy, Acid Reflux, Hypertension, Polyarthritis, Osteoporosis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Diabetes Mellitus, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Imitrex, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Mirapex, Nexium, Novolog, Orencia, Plaquenil, Proventil-hfa, Singulair, Synthroid, TRICOR, Voltaren, Ondansetron Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Dulera, Naproxen, Zaleplon, Percocet, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Mestinon, Furosemide, Levemir, Tizanidine Hydrochloride)
I have many auto immune problems and severe migraines. the doctors have tried everything that my medications and allergies will allow. then we tried botox. by the second set of injections i was having trouble holding my head up and swallowing. he avoided the paraspinal area after that but continued ...
- Can i take zofran and desmopresson together?
(Asked by a 11 year old girl who has Nausea, Bed Wetting, and takes Desmopressin Acetate, Zofran)
More questions for: Zofran, Renal failure acute
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- V-fend orally possible cause of renal failur
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Renal Failure Acute, and takes Vfend)
My wife was on V-Fend for 10 months - aspergillosis. Gradually her creatinine start to rise which she then went to a Nephrologist. One day it went from 4 to 11 and I rushed her to the hospital where she went into acute renal failure requiring dialysis. I am a retired pharmacist and spoke with Pfiz ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Zofran, Renal failure acute
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Vicodin for a patient with Nausea, Wisom Teeth Removal.
Comments: Submitting this for my boyfriend, who got his wisdom teeth out in a more vigorous than usual way yesterday afternoon, and is now in severe pain. They prescribed him pergaset and zofran to take together, but they didn't have pergaset at the pharmacy we went to, so he has been taking the 600 mg ibupro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Amitiza for a patient with Giardiasis, Ibs. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Abdominal Distension
Comments: part of my colon died last summer(2013) had ileostomy put in and part of colon removed- ileostomy has been reveresed but now they think i have severe IBS and started me on amiitiza for severe bloating- been on it for 4 days and more distended that i have ever been and its spreading to my back area- ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Proair Hfa, Lunesta, Zofran, Morphine Sulfate, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Nervousness, Difficulty Breathing, Sleeplessness, Nausea And Vomiting, Crps. The patient has Foggy Head, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Unable To Sleep For Days At At Time, Not Wanting To Eat, Persistant Vomiting, Hemmeroids, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Nausea And Vomiting, Numbness, Burning Eyes, Pain
Comments: Since being diagnosed with CRPS/RSD I have pain 100% of the time. It is not always a 10/10 but is always there in one form or another. It started in my right hand/arm after a accident while carrying a busing pan full of dirty dishes to be cleaned. While walking through a steel swinging door into the ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Zofran, Dexilant, Xanax, Linzess, Adderall 20 for a patient with Muscle Tightness, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Add. The patient has Central Sleep Apnea
Comments: I have been diagnosed with gastroparesis and have suffered with it the past two years. I also have ADD and take medication to maintain focus. I have always been a poor sleeper and usually sleep 4 hours a night. I have been unable to remain asleep for the four hours and have been waking up gasping fo ...
More related studies for: Zofran, Renal failure acute
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.