Review: could Zoloft cause Aggression?
Summary: Aggression is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 74,036 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 978 have Aggression. Find out below who they are, when they have Aggression and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Aggression >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,398 Zoloft users)
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, pain. (latest reports from 28,789 Aggression patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 74,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 978 people (1.32%) have Aggression.
Time on Zoloft when people have Aggression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Zoloft * :
Severity of Aggression when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Aggression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (340 people, 34.76%)
- Anxiety (125 people, 12.78%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (72 people, 7.36%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (62 people, 6.34%)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (47 people, 4.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (115 people, 11.76%)
- Risperdal (89 people, 9.10%)
- Chantix (77 people, 7.87%)
- Paxil (77 people, 7.87%)
- Xanax (69 people, 7.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Monica (3 years ago):
Currently on zoloft. Experiencing aggressive behaviour at work towards my collegues, while I am usually reserved and a people pleaser. I I also feel threatened and think all around me has something against me. Never realised it was the tablets, but someone noticed my behaviour changes and asked me about medication.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and aggression on
Do you have Aggression while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Aggression
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Aggression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 28-year old man with Antidepressant Therapy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of side effects of Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Fibromyalgia.
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 59-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Zoloft for a 38-year old woman with Toothache, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Skin Spots - Red
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.