Review: could Zoloft cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 73,928 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 389 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Zoloft and have Drug abuse >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 78,283 users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, drug dependence.(latest reports from Drug abuse 19,619 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 73,928 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 389 people (0.53%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Zoloft when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||35.00%||20.00%||10.00%||5.00%||5.00%||20.00%||5.00% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Zoloft * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||5.71%||5.43%||28.86%||31.71%||18.57%||9.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (134 people, 34.45%)
- Depression (65 people, 16.71%)
- Multiple myeloma (32 people, 8.23%)
- Hypertension (22 people, 5.66%)
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 4.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (183 people, 47.04%)
- Neurontin (115 people, 29.56%)
- Percocet (103 people, 26.48%)
- Ambien (91 people, 23.39%)
- Effexor (76 people, 19.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is sleep walking a side effect of taking zoloft
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Sleep Walking, and takes Zoloft, Tridione)
my daughter was on Zoloft and claims she was sleep walking. I'm wondering is this is true because she said it was from the Zoloft and I just need to find out . if Zoloft can cause a person to sleep walk.
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Effect of zoloft and vitamin d on seborrheic keratoses
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Depression, Seborrheic Keratosis, and takes Vitamin D, Zoloft)
Has anyone noted a change in their seborrheic keratoses after taking Zoloft?
Any changes after taking Vitamin D either 5000 IU daily or 50000 IU weekly
- Can anyone comment on recurrent depressions in fall and spring
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Depression, Recurrent Depressions, and takes Zoloft)
for many years i suffer depression twice a year spring and fall
More questions for: Zoloft, Drug abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Soar throat after taking sertaline
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Sore Throat, and takes Sertraline)
half a pill first timw. severe soar throat 2 hrs after taking 25mg
- Miscarriage 6 weeks while on sertraline
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Miscarriage, and takes Caffeine, Alcohol, Sertraline)
On sertraline 150 mg a day, alcohol (1+ drink a day) and high caffeine. Sertraline lowered to 100mg when 4.5 weeks pregnant, no alcohol no caffeine. Miscarried at 6 weeks.
- Laryngitis and fluconazole
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has U.t.i. And Yeast Infection , and takes Zoloft)
Occasionally when I have a severe yeast infection, I get laryngitis. I am so thankful your article addresses this, as the doctors I have seen were less than receptive when I suggested a link. I do not have any of the other health concerns listed in the study, but am taking fluconazole.
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Brain Hemorrhage, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Partial Seizures, and takes Zoloft, Klonopin, Topamax)
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Psychosis, Bipolar, and takes Zoloft, Klonopin, Haldol)
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
More reviews for: Zoloft, Drug abuse
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression - Adolescents. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: OCD like twitching and involuntary movements
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression - Elderly. The patient has Xanax
Comments: Lipitor, inderal. Have dry throat and mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Panic Attacks. The patient has Breast Pain, Hair Loss, Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: urinary tract infections began within the last year and occur every 2 months
hair loss and breast pain began about 2 years ago
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify for a patient with Compulsions. The patient has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Compulsive Sexual Behaviour, Compulsive Shopping, Compulsive Hair Pulling
Comments: started in early September 2014
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Aspirin, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Depression. The patient has Hypothermia
Comments: Body temp ranges between 34.1 to 35.7C
sessions of shivering
More related studies for: Zoloft, Drug abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.