Review: could Zoloft cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 74,036 people who have side effects while taking Zoloft from FDA and social media. Among them, 191 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Zoloft and have Dry eye >>>
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 78,398 Zoloft users)
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, acne, depression. (latest reports from 12,466 Dry eye patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 74,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft. Among them, 251 people (0.34%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Zoloft when people have Dry eye * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry eye||33.33%||26.67%||26.67%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||6.67% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Zoloft * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||1.93%||11.11%||7.73%||25.60%||29.95%||23.67% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Zoloft ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eye||16.67%||16.67%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry eye||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (56 people, 22.31%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 9.56%)
- Acne (19 people, 7.57%)
- Metastases to bone (15 people, 5.98%)
- Malaria prophylaxis (14 people, 5.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (62 people, 24.70%)
- Celebrex (45 people, 17.93%)
- Aspirin (42 people, 16.73%)
- Aredia (42 people, 16.73%)
- Multi-vitamins (39 people, 15.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of zoloft and dry eye on
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Zoloft?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Zoloft and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Zoloft
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 40-year old woman with Major Depression. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (headache that has characteristics of both a tension headache and a migraine headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
Recent Zoloft related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Prozac for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Focalin Xr, Zoloft, Intuniv for a 11-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.